Combinatorial Method for Solving Systems of Linear Constraints
This article considers a combinatorial method for computing the basis of the set of solutions to systems of linear constraints over the set of real numbers and an improved method for computing a minimal generating set of solutions over the set of natural numbers. A brief review of such methods in other discrete domains is presented.
Keywordslinear constraint linear Diophantine constraint basis for a solution set
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. L. Kryvyi, “Criterion of consistency of systems of linear Diophantine equations over a set of natural numbers,” Dop. NANU, No. 5, 107–112 (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.S. L. Kryvyi and W. Gzhyvac, “Algorithms for computing a prebasis of the set of solution to systems of linear Diophantine constraints in discrete domains,” Izv. Irkut. Un-ta, Ser. “Matematika,” 2, No. 2, 82–93 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Kryvyi, L. Matveeva, and W. Grzywac, “Algorithms for building the minimal supported set of solutions to an HSLDI over the set of natural numbers,” in: Proc. Intern. Conf. “Concurrent Systems and Programming,” Warszawa (2005), pp. 281–290.Google Scholar
- 10.G. A. Donets and I. M. Samer Alshalame, “Solving the linear-mosaic problem,” in: The Theory of Optimal Solutions, V. M. Glushkov Cybernetics Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv (2005), pp. 15–24.Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Cheremushkin, Lectures on Arithmetic Algorithms in Cryptography [in Russian], MTsNMO, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.F. Baader and J. Ziekmann, “Unification Theory,” in: Handbook of Logic in Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming, Oxford University Press (1994), pp. 1–85.Google Scholar
- 15.A. V. Chugayenko, “An implementation of the TSS algorithm,” USiM, No. 3, 27–33 (2007).Google Scholar
- 17.L. Pottier, “Minimal solution of linear Diophantine systems: Bounds and algorithms,” in: Proc. 4th Intern. Conf. on Rewriting Techniques and Applications, Como, Italy (1991), pp. 162–173.Google Scholar
- 18.E. Domenjoud, “Outils pour la deduction automatique dans les theories associatives-commutatives,” Thesis de Doctorat d’Universite, Universite de Nancy I (1991).Google Scholar
- 22.H. Comon, “Constraint solving on terms: Automata techniques (Preliminary lecture notes),” Intern. Summer School on Constraints in Computational Logics, Gif-sur-Yvette, France (1999).Google Scholar
- 23.A. Bockmair and V. Weispfenning, “Solving numerical constraints,” in: Handbook of Automated Reasoning, Elsevier (2001), pp. 753–842.Google Scholar