Environmental Effects of Cavitation Technology for Radioactive Waste Management
Results from studies of the removal from storage and solidification of low- and intermediate-level liquid radioactive waste in inorganic binders (cementation) are presented. Cavitation technology for recycling radiochemical wastes from nuclear power plant decommissioning increases the extraction throughput and strength of the cement compound.
Keywordscement compound cavitation technology solid precipitates dissolution spent nuclear fuel
The work was supported financially by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, the Krasnoyarsk Krai Administration, and the Krasnoyarsk Krai Foundation for Support of Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activity in the framework of Scientific Project No. 16-41-242156 r_ofi_m.
- 1.Nuclear Fuel Cycle Safety [Russian translation], TsNIIATOMINFORM, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.Publication 103, International Commission on Radiation Safety (ICRS) [Russian translation], Izd. PKF Alana, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Klyuchnikov, E. M. Pazukhin, Yu. M. Shigera, and V. Yu. Shigera, NPP Radioactive Wastes and Methods for Managing Them, Inst. Probl. Bezopasn. AES NAN Ukrainy, Kiev (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Kuznetsov, Principal Problems and Current Status of Nuclear Fuel Cycle Facilities of the Russian Federation, RDP Yabloko, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Lebedev, Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Energoatomizdat, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Volkov and A. S. Chesnokov, Prom. Ved., No. 11–12, 7 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Ivchenko, V. A. Kulagin, and A. F. Nemchin, Cavitation Technology, G. V. Logvinovich (ed.), Izd. KGU, Krasnoyarsk (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Kulagin, Methods and Means for Processing Multicomponent Media Using Cavitation Effects: Dissert. Doct. Techn. Sci., Krasnoyarsk (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.T. A. Kulagina, O. A. Kozin, and A. I. Matyushenko, Ecological Safety of Technical Sector Facilities, Izd. Grotesk, Krasnoyarsk (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.T. A. Kulagina, V. A. Popkov, and N. A. Naumenko, “Calculated heat and mass exchange during long-term storage of radioactive wastes,” Zh. Sverdl. Fed. Univ. Tekh. Tekhnol., 7, No. 3, 340–359 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.O. A. Kozin, Methods and Means for Improving the Ecological Safety of Nuclear-Energy Cycle Waste Management: Auth Abstr. Dissert. Cand. Techn. Sci., Krasnoyarsk (2011).Google Scholar