Abdel-Kader, M. G., Moufty, S., & Laitinenm Erkki, K. (2011). Balanced scorecard development: a review of literature and directions for future research. In M. G. Abdel-Kader (Ed.), Review of management accounting research (pp. 214–239). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.
Abrahamson, E. (1996). Management fashion. Academy of Management Review,
Ahn, H. (2001). Applying the balanced scorecard concept: an experience report. Long Range Planning,
* Anand, M., Sahay, B. S., & Saha, S. (2005). Balanced Scorecard in Indian Companies, The Journal for Decision Makers,
Aragón-Correa, A. J. (1998). Strategic proactivity and firm approach to the natural environment. Academy of Management Journal,
Aragón-Correa, A. J., & Rubio-López, E. A. (2007). Proactive corporate environmental strategies: Myths and misunderstandings. Long Range Planning,
Aragón-Correa, A. J., Hurtado-Torres, N., Sharma, S., & García-Morales, V. J. (2008). Environmental strategy and performance in small firms: A resource-based perspective. Journal of Environmental Management,
* Avlonas, N., & Swannick, J. (2009). Developing business excellence while delivering responsible competitiveness: The case of Lloyds TSB. In J. Jonker & J. Eskildsen (Eds.), Management Models for the Future (pp. 171–184). Berlin: Springer.
Azzone, G., & Bertelè, U. (1994). Exploiting green strategies for competitive advantage. Long Range Planning,
Baines, T. S., Lightfoot, H. W., Evans, S., Neely, A., Greenough, R., Peppard, J., et al. (2007). State-of-the-art in product-service systems. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers–Part B–Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 221(10), 1543–1552.
Barley, S. R., & Tolbert, P. S. (1997). Institutionalization and structuration: Studying the links between action and institution. Organization Studies,
Battilana, J., & Dorado, S. (2010). Building sustainable hybrid organizations: The case of commercial microfinance organizations. Academy of Management Journal,
Bedford, D., Brown, D. A., Malmi, T., & Sivabalan, P. (2008). Balanced scorecard design and performance impacts: some australian evidence. Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research,
* Bieker, T., Dyllick, T., Gminder, C. U., & Hockerts, K. (2001). Towards a sustainability balanced scorecard: linking environmental and social sustainability to business strategy. In Conference proceedings of business strategy and the environment 2001 in Leeds (pp. 22–31).
* Bieker, T., & Waxenberger, B. (2002). Sustainability balanced scorecard and business ethics: Developing a balanced scorecard for integrity management. In Working paper, 11th conference of the ‘Greening of Industry Network’, 1 June 2002.
Boxenbaum, E., & Jonsson, S. (2008). Isomorphism, Diffusion and Decoupling. In R. Greenwood, C. Oliver, R. Suddaby, & K. Sahlin (Eds.), The SAGE handbook of organizational institutionalism (pp. 78–98). London: Sage.
Boyd, B., Henning, N., Reyna, E., Wang, D. E., & Welch, M. D. (2009). Hybrid organizations: New business models for environmental leadership. Sheffield: Greenleaf.
* Brignall, S. (2002). The unbalanced scorecard: a social and environmental critique. In Neely, A., Walters, A., & Austin, R. (eds), PMA conference proceedings—performance measurement and management 2002: Research and action: cranfield school of management (pp. 85–92). Boston, MA: Performance Management Association (PMA).
Brignall, S., & Modell, S. (2000). An institutional perspective on performance measurement and management in the ‘new public sector’. Management Accounting Research,
* Butler, J. B., Henderson, S. C., & Raiborn, C. (2011). Sustainability and the balanced scorecard: Integrating green measures into business reporting. Management Accounting Quarterly, 12(2), 1–10.
Buysse, K., & Verbeke, A. (2003). Proactive environmental strategies: A stakeholder management perspective. Strategic Management Journal,
Carroll, A. B. (1979). A three-dimensional conceptual model of corporate performance. Academy of Management Review,
Carroll, A. B., & Shabana, K. M. (2010). The business case for corporate social responsibility: A review of concepts, research and practice. International Journal of Management Reviews,
* Chalmeta, R., & Palomero, S. (2011). Methodological proposal for business sustainability management by means of the Balanced Scorecard. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 62(7), 1344–1356.
Chapman, C. S. (1997). Reflections on a contingent view of accounting. Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Chenhall, R. H. (2003). Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future. Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Christensen, C. M., & Bower, J. L. (1996). Custom power, strategic investment, and the failure of leading firms. Strategic Management Journal,
Christensen, C. M. (1997). The innovator’s dilemma: When new technologies cause great firms to fail. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
* Claver-Cortés, E., López-Gamero, M. D., Molina-Azorín, J. F., & Zaragoza-Sáez, P. D. C. (2007). Intellectual and environmental capital. Journal of Intellectual Capital,
* Crawford, D., & Todd, S. (2005). The Balanced Scorecard and Corporate Social Responsibility: Aligning Values for profit. CMA Management, 79(6), 20–27.
Crossan, M. M., & Apaydin, M. (2010). A multi-dimensional framework of organizational innovation: A systematic review of the literature. Journal of Management Studies,
Cummings, S., & Daellenbach, U. (2009). A guide to the future of strategy? The history of long range planning. Long Range Planning,
de Geuser, F., Mooraj, S., & Oyon, D. (2009). Does the balanced scorecard add value? Empirical evidence on its effect on performance. European Accounting Review,
* Dias-Sardinha, I., Reijnders, L., & Antunes, P. (2002). From environmental performance evaluation to eco-efficiency and sustainability balanced scorecards. Environmental Quality Management, 12(2), 51–64.
* Dias-Sardinha, I., & Reijnders, L. (2005). Evaluating Environmental and Social Performance of Large Portuguese Companies: A Balanced Scorecard Approach. Business Strategy and the Environment, 14, 73–91.
* Dias-Sardinha, I., Reijnders, L., & Antunes, P. (2007). Developing sustainability balanced scorecards for environmental services: A study of three large Portuguese companies. Environmental Quality Management, 16(4), 13–34.
DiMaggio, P. J., & Powell, W. W. (1983). The iron cage revisited: Institutional isomorphism and collective rationality in organizational fields. American Sociological Review,
Donaldson, T., & Preston, L. E. (1995). The stakeholder theory of the corporation: Concepts, evidence, and implications. Academy of Management Review,
Dyllick, T., & Hockerts, K. (2002). Beyond the business case for corporate sustainability. Business Strategy and the Environment,
Eccles, R. G., Grant, R., & van Riel, C. B. M. (2006). Reputation and transparency: Lessons from a painful period in public disclosure. Long Range Planning,
Elkington, J. (1998). Cannibals with forks: The triple bottom line of 21st century business. Gabriola Island, BC, Canada: New Society Publishers.
Epstein, M. J., & Roy, M.-J. (1998). Managing corporate environmental performance: A multinational perspective. European Management Journal,
Epstein, M. J., & Roy, M.-J. (2001). Sustainability in action: identifying and measuring the key performance drivers. Long Range Planning,
* Epstein, M. J., & Wisner, P. S. (2001a). Using a Balanced Scorecard to Implement Sustainability. Environmental Quality Management, 11(2), 1–10.
* Epstein, M. J., & Wisner, P. S. (2001b). Good Neighbors: Implementing Social and Environmental Strategies with the BSC. Balanced Scorecard Report. 3(3). Reprint Number B0105C, Cambridge MA: Harvard Business School.
* Epstein, M. J., & Roy, M.-J. (2004). How Does Your Board Rate? Strategic Finance, 85(8), 25–31.
European Commission. (2003). Commission recommendation of 6 May 2003 concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. Official Journal of the European Union,
* Figge, F., Hahn, T., Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (2001). the sustainability balanced scorecard—A tool for value-oriented sustainability management in strategy focused organisations. In Conference proceedings of the 2001 eco-management and auditing conference. ERP environment: Shipley (pp. 83–90).
* Figge, F., Hahn, T., Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (2002a). The sustainability balanced scorecard—Linking sustainability management to business strategy. Business Strategy and the Environment, 11(5), 269–284.
* Figge, F., Hahn, T., Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (2002b). The sustainability balanced scorecard—Theory and application of a tool for value-based sustainability management. In Paper presented at the greening of industry network conference 2002, Gothenburg.
Fink, A. (2009). Conducting research literature reviews: From the Internet to paper (3rd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
Freeman, R. E. (1984). Strategic management: A stakeholder approach. Boston: Pitman.
Freeman, R. E., Wicks, A. C., & Parmar, B. (2004). Stakeholder theory and “The Corporate Objective Revisited”. Organization Science,
* Gardiner, C. (2002). Balanced scorecard ethics. Business & Professional Ethics Journal, 21(3/4), 129–151.
Garriga, E., & Melé, D. (2004). Corporate social responsibility theories: Mapping the territory. Journal of Business Ethics, 53(1–2), 51–71.
Geels, F. W. (2012). A socio-technical analysis of low-carbon transitions: Introducing the multi-level perspective into transport studies. Journal of Transport Geography, 24, 471–482.
* Gminder, C. U., & Bieker, T. (2002). Managing corporate social responsibility by using the “sustainability-balanced scorecard”. In Contribution to the 10th international conference of the greening of industry network, June 2002, Göteborg.
Gold, S., Seuring, S. A., & Beske, P. (2010). Sustainable supply chain management and inter-organizational resources: A literature review. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management,
17, 230–245. doi:10.1002/csr.207.
Gond, J.-P., Grubnic, S., Herzig, C., & Moon, J. (2012). Configuring management control systems: Theorizing the integration of strategy and sustainability. Management Accounting Research,
Grant, R., & Visconti, M. (2006). The strategic background to corporate accounting scandals. Long Range Planning,
Gray, R., Kouhy, R., & Lavers, S. (1995). Corporate social and environmental reporting: A review of the literature and a longitudinal study of UK disclosure. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal,
Hall, J. K., Daneke, G. A., & Lenox, M. J. (2010). Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions. Journal of Business Venturing,
Hansen, E.G. (2010). Responsible leadership systems: an empirical analysis of integrating corporate responsibility into leadership systems. Wiesbaden, Germany: Gabler.
Hansen, E.G., & Schaltegger, S. (2012). Pursuing sustainability with the balanced scorecard: between shareholder value and multiple goal optimisation. working paper. Lüneburg, Germany: centre for sustainability management (CSM), Leuphana University of Lüneburg.
* Hansen, E. G., Sextl, M., & Reichwald, R. (2009). Integrating strategy and corporate community involvement in a balanced scorecard: results from action research at Merck Thailand Ltd. In Paper presented at 9th EURAM conference, 11–14 May 2009, Liverpool.
* Hansen, E. G., Sextl, M., & Reichwald, R. (2010). Managing stakeholder collaboration through a community-enabled balanced scorecard: The case of Merck Ltd, Thailand. Business Strategy and the Environment, 19(6), 387–399.
* Hansen, E. G., & Spitzeck, H. (2011). Measuring the impacts of NGO partnerships: the corporate and societal benefits of community involvement. Corporate Governance: International Journal of Business in Society, 11(4), 415–426.
* Hardjono, T. W., & de Klein, P. (2004). Introduction on the European Corporate Sustainability Framework (ECSF). Journal of Business Ethics, 55(2), 99–113.
Hockerts, K., & Wüstenhagen, R. (2010). Greening Goliaths versus emerging Davids. Theorizing about the role of incumbents and new entrants in sustainable entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Venturing,
* Hsu, Y.-L., & Liu, C.-C. (2010). Environmental performance evaluation and strategy management using balanced scorecard. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 170(1–4), 599–607, doi: 10.1007/s10661-009-1260-7.
* Hsu, C-W; Hu, A. H.; Chiou, C.-Y.; Chen, T-C (2011). Using the FDM and ANP to construct a sustainability balanced scorecard for the semiconductor industry. Expert Systems with Applications,
* Hubbard, G. (2009). Measuring organizational performance: Beyond the triple bottom line. Business Strategy and the Environment, 18, 177–191.
Jakobsen, M., Mitchell, F., & Nørreklit, H. (2011). Constructing performance measurement packages. In M. G. Abdel-Kader (Ed.), Review of management accounting research (pp. 194–213). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.
* Jamali, D. (2008). A stakeholder approach to corporate social responsibility: A fresh perspective into theory and practice. Journal of Business Ethics, 82(1), 213–231, doi: 10.1007/s10551-007-9572-4.
* James, P. (1994). Business environmental performance measurement. Business Strategy and the Environment, 3, 59–67.
* Jensen, M. C. (2001). Value maximisation, stakeholder theory, and the corporate objective function. European Financial Management, 7(3), 297–317.
* Jensen, M. C. (2002). Value maximization, stakeholder theory, and the corporate objective function. Business Ethics Quarterly, 12(2), 235–256.
* Johnson, S. D. (1998). Identification and selection of environmental performance indicators: Application of the balanced scorecard approach. Corporate Environmental Strategy, 5(4), 34–41.
* Joseph, G. (2008). A rationale for stakeholder-based management in developing nations. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 4(2), 136–161.
* Kaplan, R. S. (2012). The balanced scorecard: Comments on balanced scorecard commentaries. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 8(4), 539–545.
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (1992). The balanced scorecard—Measures that drive performance. Harvard Business Review,
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (1996). The balanced scorecard: Translating strategy into action. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2001a). Balance without profit. Financial Management,
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2001b). The strategy-focused organization: How balanced scorecard companies thrive in the new business environment. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2001c). Transforming the balanced scorecard from performance measurement to strategic management: Part I. Accounting Horizons,
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2004). Strategy maps: Converting intangible assets into tangible outcomes. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
Klewitz, J., & Hansen, E. G. (2014). Sustainability-oriented innovation of SMEs: A systematic review. Journal of Cleaner Production,
Kolk, A., & Mauser, A. (2002). The evolution of environmental management: From stage models to performance evaluation. Business Strategy and the Environment,
* Länsiluoto, A., & Järvenpää, M. (2008). Environmental and performance management forces: Integrating “greenness” into balanced scorecard. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, 5(3), 184–206.
* Länsiluoto, A., & Järvenpää, M. (2010). Greening the balanced scorecard. Business Horizons,
* Länsiluoto, A., & Järvenpää, M. (2012). Integrating greenness into a balanced scorecard in a food processing company. The TQM Journal, 24(5), 388–398.
Lee, M.-D. P. (2008). A review of theories of corporate social responsibility: Its evolutonary path and the road ahead. International Journal of Management Reviews,
* León-Soriano, R., Muñoz-Torres, M. J., & Chalmeta-Rosaleñ, R. (2010). Methodology for sustainability strategic planning and management. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 110(2), 249–268.
Li, Y., Vanhaverbeke, W., & Schoenmakers, W. (2008). Exploration and exploitation in innovation: Reframing the interpretation. Creativity and Innovation Management,
Lindgreen, A., & Swaen, V. (2010). Corporate social responsibility. International Journal of Management Reviews,
* Lueg, R., & Carvalho e Silva, A. L. (2013). When one size does not fit all: a literature review on the modifications of the balanced scorecard. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 11(3), 86–94.
Maltz, A. C., Shenhar, A. J., & Reilly, R. R. (2003). Beyond the balanced scorecard: Refining the search for organizational success measures. Long Range Planning,
Maon, F., Lindgreen, A., & Swaen, V. (2010). Organizational stages and cultural phases: A critical review and a consolidative model of corporate social responsibility development. International Journal of Management Reviews,
Meyer, J. W., & Rowan, B. (1991). Institutionalized organizations: Formal structure as myth and ceremony. In W. W. Powell & P. J. DiMaggio (Eds.), The new institutionalism in organizational analysis (pp. 41–62). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Mohamed, S. (2003). Adaptation of the balanced scorecard to measure organizational safety culture. Journal of Construction Research,
* Morsing, M., & Oswald, D. (2008). Novo Nordisk A/S: Integrating Sustainability into Business Practice. Journal of Business Ethics Education, 5, 193–222.
* Morsing, M., & Oswald, D. (2009). Sustainable leadership: Management control systems and organizational culture in Novo Nordisk A/S. Corporate Governance: International Journal of Business in Society, 9(1), 83–99, doi: 10.1108/14720700910936083.
* Möller, A., & Schaltegger, S. (2005). The sustainability balanced scorecard as a framework for eco-efficiency analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 9(4), 73–83.
Neely, A. (2005). The evolution of performance measurement research: Developments in the last decade and a research agenda for the next. International Journal of Operations & Production Management,
Neely, A., Adams, C., & Kennerley, M. (2002). The performance prism, the scorecard for measuring and managing business success. London: FT Prentice Hall.
Neely, A., Marr, B., Roos, G., Pike, S., & Gupta, O. (2003). Towards the Third Generation of Performance Measurement. Controlling,
* Nikolaou, I. E., & Tsalis, T. A. (2013). Development of a sustainable balanced scorecard framework. Ecological Indicators, 34, 76–86, doi: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2013.04.005.
Nørreklit, H. (2000). The balance on the balanced scorecard a critical analysis of some of its assumptions. Management Accounting Research,
Oshika, T., Oka, S., & Saka, C. (2013). Connecting the environmental activities of firms with the return on carbon (ROC): mapping and empirically testing a carbon sustainability balanced scorecard (SBSC). The Journal of Management Accounting, Japan, Supplement 2, 81–97.
* Panayiotou, N. A., Aravossis, K. G., & Moschou, P. (2009). A new methodology approach for measuring corporate social responsibility performance. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution: Focus, 9(1–2), 129–138, doi: 10.1007/s11267-008-9204-8.
* Parisi, C. (2010). Using qualitative system dynamics to enhance the performance measurement of sustainability. In P. Taticchi (Ed.), Business performance measurement and management: new contexts, themes and challenges. Heidelberg: Springer, 115–130.
* Parisi, C., & Hockerts, K. N. (2008). Managerial mindsets and performance measurement systems of CSR-related intangibles. Measuring Business Excellence, 12(2), 51–67.
Parker, C. M., Redmond, J., & Simpson, M. (2009). A review of interventions to encourage SMEs to make environmental improvements. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
27(2), 279–301. doi:10.1068/c0859b.
Parris, D. L., & Peachey, J. W. (2013). A systematic literature review of servant leadership theory in organizational contexts. Journal of Business Ethics,
Penna, C. C., & Geels, F. W. (2012). Multi-dimensional struggles in the greening of industry: A dialectic issue lifecycle model and case study. Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Pittaway, L., Robertson, M., Munir, K., Denyer, D., & Neely, A. (2004). Networking and innovation: A systematic review of the evidence. International Journal of Management Reviews,
* Radcliffe, M. J. (1999). Using the balanced scorecard to develop metrics for sustainable development. In Paper presented at eighth international conference of greening of industry network, 14-17 November 1999, Chapel Hill, NC.
Raisch, S., Birkinshaw, J., Probst, G., & Tushman, M. (2009). Organizational ambidexterity: Balancing exploitation and exploration for sustained performance. Organization Science,
Renwick, D. W., Redman, T., & Maguire, S. (2013). Green human resource management: A review and research agenda. International Journal of Management Reviews,
* Rohm, H., & Montgomery, D. (2011). Link sustainability to corporate strategy using the balanced scorecard. Cary, NC: Balanced Scorecard Institute. Accessed March 10, 2014, from http://balancedscorecard.org/Portals/0/PDF/LinkingSustainabilitytoCorporateStrategyUsingtheBalancedScorecard.pdf.
Roome, N. (1992). Developing environmental management strategies. Business Strategy and the Environment,
Scavone, G. M. (2006). Challenges in internal environmental management reporting in Argentina. Journal of Cleaner Production,
* Schaltegger, S. (2011). Sustainability as a driver for corporate economic success. consequences for the development of sustainability management control. Society and Economy, 33(1), 15–28.
Schaltegger, S., & Burritt, R. L. (2005). Corporate Sustainability. In H. Folmer & T. Tietenberg (Eds.), The international yearbook of environmental and resource economics 2005/2006: A Survey of Current Issues (pp. 185–222). Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
* Schaltegger, S., & Dyllick, T. (Eds.) (2002). Nachhaltig managen mit der Balanced Scorecard: Konzept und Fallstudien. Wiesbaden: Gabler.
* Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (2006a). Integrative management of sustainability performance, measurement and reporting, International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation
* Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (2006b). Managing sustainability performance measurement and reporting in an integrated manner. Sustainability accounting as the link between the sustainability balanced scorecard and sustainability reporting. In S. Schaltegger, M. Bennett, & R. L. Burritt (Eds.), Sustainability Accounting and Reporting (pp. 681–697). Dordrecht: Springer.
* Schneider, R., & Vieira, R. (2010). Insights from action research: Implementing the balanced scorecard at a wind-farm company. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 59(5), 493–507.
Schwartz, M. S., & Carroll, A. B. (2003). Corporate social responsibility: A three-domain approach. Business Ethics Quarterly,
Searcy, C. (2012). Corporate sustainability performance measurement systems: A review and research agenda. Journal of Business Ethics,
Sethi, S. P. (1975). Dimensions of corporate social performance: An analytical framework. California Management Review,
Seuring, S. A., & Müller, M. (2008). From a literature review to a conceptual framework for sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Cleaner Production,
Shenhar, A. J., & Dvir, D. (1996). Long term success dimensions in technology-based organizations. In Gaynor, G.H. (ed), Handbook of technology management (pp. 32.1–32.15). New York: McGraw-Hill.
Shrivastava, P. (1995). The role of corporations in achieving ecological sustainability. Academy of Management Review,
* SIGMA (2003). The SIGMA guidelines toolkit: Sustainability scorecard. Accessed June 21, 2013, from http://www.projectsigma.co.uk.
* Simmons, J. (2008). Employee significance within stakeholder-accountable performance management systems. The TQM Journal, 20(5), 463–475.
Simons, R. (1994). How new top managers use control systems as levers of strategic renewal. Strategic Management Journal,
Somers, A. B. (2005). Shaping the balanced scorecard for use in UK social enterprises. Social Enterprise Journal,
Speckbacher, G., Bischof, J., & Pfeiffer, T. (2003). A descriptive analysis on the implementation of Balanced Scorecards in German-speaking countries. Management Accounting Research,
* Spiller, R. (2000). Ethical business and investment: A model for business and society. Journal of Business Ethics, 27(1/2), 149–160.
* Sundin, H., Granlund, M., & Brown, D. A. (2010). Balancing multiple competing objectives with a balanced scorecard. European Accounting Review, 19(2), 203–246.
Thorpe, R., Holt, R., Macpherson, A., & Pittaway, L. (2005). Using knowledge within small and medium-sized firms: A systematic review of the evidence. International Journal of Management Reviews,
Torraco, R. J. (2005). Writing integrative literature reviews: Guidelines and examples. Human Resource Development Review,
* Tsalis, T. A., Nikolaou, I. E., Grigoroudis, E., & Tsagarakis, K. P. (2013). A framework development to evaluate the needs of SMEs in order to adopt a sustainability-balanced scorecard. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences, 10(3–4), 179–197. doi: 10.1080/1943815X.2013.858751.
* Tsamenyi, M., Onumah, J., & Tetteh-Kumah, E. (2010). Post-privatization performance and organizational changes: Case studies from Ghana. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 21(5), 428–442. doi: 10.1016/j.cpa.2008.01.002.
* Tseng, M.-L., Lan, L. W., Wang, R., Chiu, A., & Cheng, H.-P. (2011). Using hybrid method to evaluate the green performance in uncertainty. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 175(1–4), 367–385, doi: 10.1007/s10661-010-1537-x.
Tushman, M., & O’Reilly, C. A. (1996). Ambidextrous organizations: Managing evolutionary and revolutionary change. California Management Review,
Tranfield, D., Denyer, D., & Smart, P. (2003). Towards a methodology for developing evidence-informed management knowledge by means of systematic review. British Journal of Management,
Ulrich, P. (2008). Integrative economic ethics: Foundations of a civilized market economy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
* van Marrewijk, M. (2004). A value based approach to organization types: Towards a coherent set of stakeholder-oriented management tools. Journal of Business Ethics, 55(2), 147–158.
van Veen Dirks, P., & Wijn, M. (2002). Strategic control: meshing critical success factors with the balanced scorecard. Long Range Planning,
van den Brink, T. W. M., & van der Woerd, F. (2004). Industry specific sustainability benchmarks: An ECSF pilot bridging corporate sustainability with social responsible investments. Journal of Business Ethics,
* van der Woerd, F., & van den Brink, T. W. M. (2004). Feasibility of a responsive business scorecard—A pilot study. Journal of Business Ethics, 55(2), 173–186.
* Voelpel, S. C., Leibold, M., & Eckhoff, R. A. (2006). The tyranny of the Balanced Scorecard in the innovation economy. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 7(1), 43–60.
* Wagner, M., & Schaltegger, S. (2006). Mapping the links of corporate sustainability: sustainability balanced scorecards as a tool for sustainability performance measurement and management. In Schaltegger, S., & Wagner, M. (eds), Managing the business case for sustainability: The integration of social, environmental and economic performance (pp. 108–123). Sheffield: Greenleaf.
* Wagner, M. (2007). Integration of environmental management with other managerial functions of the firm: Empirical effects on drivers of economic performance. Long Range Planning, 40(6), 611–628.
WCED (World Commission on Environment and Development) (1987). Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development: “Our Common Future”. General Assembly document A/42/427.
Wehmeier, S. (2006). Dancers in the dark: The myth of rationality in public relations. Public Relations Review,
Weick, K. E. (1995). Sensemaking in Organisations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Whiteman, G., Walker, B., & Perego, P. (2013). Planetary boundaries: ecological foundations for corporate sustainability. Journal of Management Studies,
Wicks, A., & Freeman, E. (1998). Organization studies and the new pragmatism: Positivism, anti-positivism, and the search for ethics. Organization Science,
Yin, R. K. (2003). Case study research: Design and methods (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
* Yongvanich, K., & Guthrie, J. (2006). An extended performance reporting framework for social and environmental accounting. Business Strategy and the Environment,
York, J. (2009). Pragmatic sustainability: Translating environmental ethics into competitive advantage. Journal of Business Ethics,
* Zingales, F. (2010). Integrating environment issues in top management decision making, PhD thesis, Leuphana University Lüneburg.
* Zingales, F., O’Rourke, A., & Hockerts, K. (2002). Balanced scorecard and sustainability: State of the art review (2002/65/CMER). Paris: INSEAD.
* Zingales, F., & Hockerts, K. (2003). Balanced scorecard and sustainability: examples from literature and practice. The Centre for the Management of Environmental Resources (CMER) Working Papers No. 2003/30/CMER. Fontainebleau, France: INSEAD.
Zu, X., Zhou, H., Zhu, X., & Yao, D. (2011). Quality management in China: The effects of firm characteristics and cultural profile. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management,