Methods of Feedback Arrangement for Smart Surgical Systems Based on Fiber Lasers
- 5 Downloads
The potentials of using various physical principles of feedback in fiber laser-based surgical systems were investigated. Different ways of providing feedback by recording and analyzing signals received from the tissue area exposed to fiber laser radiation were proposed and studied. These signals include the glow signal and the mechanical resistance to the optical fiber exerted by the tissue in the process of laser perforation. The dynamics of feedback signals during perforation of composite model samples consisting of biomodels and biotissues of various types was studied. The difference in the signals detected in different biomodels exposed to fiber laser radiation can be used for real-time differential diagnosis of evaporated biological tissues.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kraevskii, S. V. and Rogatkin, D. A., “Medical robotechnics: First steps of medical robots,” Tekhnol. Zhiv. Sist., 7, No. 4, 3 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.Kortunov, V. N., Dmitriev, A. K., Konovalov, A. N., and Ul’yanov, V. A., “Smart CO2 laser surgical systems for precision excision of tumors,” Onkokhir., 2, No. 1, 187 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Dmitriev, A. K., Konovalov, A. N., Panchenko, V. Ya., Kortunov, V. N., Ul’yanov, V. A., Varev, G. A., Geinits, A. V., Matorin, O. V., Reshetov, I. V., and Samoshenkov, G. S., “New approaches to precision and low traumatic evaporation of biotissues based on smart laser surgical systems,” Laser. Med., 17, No. 1, 4 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.Minaev, V. P. and Zhilin, K. M., Modern Laser Devices for Surgery and Power Therapy Based on Semiconductor and Fiber Lasers [in Russian], I.V. Balanov, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.Dmitriev, A. K., Konovalov, A. N., Kortunov, I. V., and Ul’yanov, A. V., “Optical techniques for online control of biotissue evaporation by fiber lasers in robotic surgery,” in: Proc. Scientific Workshop on Medical, Technical, and Technological Aspects of Fundamental Problems of Robotic Surgery, Vol. 2 [in Russian], Inform-Pravo, Moscow (2014), p. 25.Google Scholar