Cell Culture Study Systems with Local Electrophysiological Effect Based on Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- 112 Downloads
Design and operating principles of electrophysiological systems for study of the effects of the electric field on the cultured cells are discussed. Electrodes based on single-walled carbon nanotubes provide localization of electric field, which allows their use for study of individual cells in tasks of growth stimulation and creation of cell−electronics interfaces. Proliferative and electrochemical activity during culture of different cell lines on carbon nanotube electrodes was studied. Increase in electrochemical activity in the area of contact between carbon nanotubes and nerve cells was observed.
KeywordsCarbon Nanotubes Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes Microelectrode Array Bovine Serum Albu SWCNT Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Taketani and M. Baudry, Advances in Network Electrophysiology Using Multi-electrode Arrays, Vol. XVIII, Springer (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.I. V. Mukhina, V. B. Kazantsev, L. G. Khaspekov, Yu. N. Zakharov, M. V. Vedunova, E. V. Mitroshina, S. A. Korotchenko, and E. A. Koryagina, Sovrem. Tekhn. Med., 1, 8-15 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Krestinin, N. A. Kiselev, A. V. Raevskii, and A. G. Ryabenko, Eurasian Chem. Tech. J., 5, 7-18 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.R. U. Khabriev, Manual on Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Pharmacological Substances [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.I. I. Bobrinetsky, V. K. Nevolin, A. V. Romashkin, and A. S. Seleznev, Nanotekhnika, 3, 63-68 (2012).Google Scholar