Modeling of 3D Structure of Chimeric Constructs Based on Hemagglutinin of Influenza Virus and Immunogenic Epitopes of Streptococcus Agalactiae
- 22 Downloads
A project of an experimental recombinant vector vaccine for prevention of diseases caused by pathogenic streptococci based on ScaAB lipoprotein of Streptococcus agalactiae and a coldadapted strain of live influenza vaccine as a vector was developed. The sequence of ScaAB lipoprotein was analyzed and fragments forming immunodominant epitopes were determined. Chimeric molecules of influenza virus hemagglutinin H7 carrying insertions of bacterial origin were constructed. Based on the results of simulation, the most promising variants were selected; they represented fragments of lipoprotein ScaAB lacking N-terminal domain bound to hemagglutinin via a flexible linker. These insertions should minimally modulate the properties of the influenza strain, while retaining potential immunogenicity to a wide group of pathogenic streptococci.
Key Wordsvector vaccine influenza viruses group B Streptococci
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Biasini M, Bienert S, Waterhouse A, Arnold K, Studer G, Schmidt T, Kiefer F, Gallo Cassarino T, Bertoni M, Bordoli L, Schwede T. SWISS-MODEL: modelling protein tertiary and quaternary structure using evolutionary information. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42(Web Server issue):W252-W258. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gku340.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 3.Breen M, Nogales A, Baker SF, Martínez-Sobrido L. Replication-competent Influenza A viruses expressing reporter genes. Viruses. 2016;8(7). pii: E179. doi: 10.3390/v8070179.Google Scholar
- 7.Isakova-Sivak I, Chen LM, Matsuoka Y, Voeten JT, Kiseleva I, Heldens JG, den Bosch HV, Klimov A, Rudenko L, Cox NJ, Donis RO. Genetic bases of the temperature-sensitive phenotype of a master donor virus used in live attenuated influenza vaccines: A/Leningrad/134/17/57 (H2N2). Virology. 2011;412(2):297-305.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lee YN, Hwang HS, Kim MC, Lee YT, Cho MK, Kwon YM, Lee JS, Plemper RK, Kang SM. Recombinant influenza virus carrying the conserved domain of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) G protein confers protection against RSV without inflammatory disease. Virology. 2015;476:217-225.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Rudenko LG, Arden NH, Grigorieva E, Naychin A, Rekstin A, Klimov AI, Donina S, Desheva J, Holman RC, DeGuzman A, Cox NJ, Katz JM. Immunogenicity and efficacy of Russian live attenuated and US inactivated influenza vaccines used alone and in combination in nursing home residents. Vaccine. 2000;19(2-3):308-318.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar