Decrease in Bcl-2 Protein Level during the Development of Lewis Carcinosarcome
- 14 Downloads
We studied the development of Lewis carcinoma and possible antitumor effect of preliminary administered antioxidant anphen. The tumor was intramuscularly transplanted to C57Bl×DBA mice (7×106 cells per mouse). According to immunoblotting results, the content of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 protein steadily decreased starting from post-transplantation day 11. In few days, its content decreased by 15-20% and soon the animals died. After administration of anphen, the content of Bcl-2 decreased more rapidly than in the control. Atomic force microscopy revealed a decrease in the mean volume of erythrocytes and then increase in this parameter at the terminal stage of tumor growth. These findings suggest that anphen does not affect the tumor growth rate and mouse lifespan, but enhances apoptosis of blood cells of animals with Lewis carcinoma at the terminal stages of tumor growth.
Key WordsLewis carcinosarcoma Bcl-2 protein anphen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Binyukov VI, Alekseeva OM, Mil EM, Albantova AA, Goloshchapov AN, Burlakova EB, Fattachov SG, Konovalov AI. Investigation of the influence of phenosan, ichphan-10, and melafen on red blood cells in vivo by atomic force microscopy. Doklady Biochem. Biophysics. 2011;441(1):245-247.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Volod’kin AA, Erokhin VN, Burlakova EB, Zaikov GE Lomakin SM. The structure and biological properties of sodium and potassium 1-carboxy-1-(N-methylamide)-2-(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4’-hydroxylphenyl)-propanates. Khim. Fizika. 2013;32(2):66. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhizhina GP, Zavarykina TP, Mil’ EM, Burlakova EB. Changes in structural characteristics of splenic DNA in mice after administration of phenosan and whole-body γ-radiation in a low dose with low power. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2007. Т.47(4):414-422. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Mil’ EM, Albantova AA, Burlakova EB. Effect of antioxidant phenosan and irradiation in a low dose on the content of p53 and Bcl-2 proteins in mice of different lines. Radiats. Biol. Radioekol. 2010;50(1):58-64. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Kok SH, Hong CY, Lin SK, Lee JJ, Chiang CP, Kuo MY. Establishment and characterization of a tumorigenic cell line from areca quid and tobacco smoke-associated buccal carcinoma. Оral. Oncol. 2007;43(7):639-647.Google Scholar
- 9.Ulukus EC, Kargi HA, Sis B, Lebe B, Oztop I, Akkoclu A, Onen A, Sanli A. Survivin expression in non small-cell lung carcinomas: correlation with apoptosis and other apoptosisrelated proteins, clinicopathologic prognostic factors and prognosis. Appl. Immunohistochem. Mol. Morphol. 2007;15(1):31-37.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar