Seasonal effects of Selank on the behavior of hibernating animals
- 45 Downloads
We studied the seasonal effects of peptide preparation Selank on orientation and exploratory activity in 36 arctic ground squirrels Citellus undulatus in the open-field and hole-board tests. Selank most significantly increased behavioral activity of hibernating animals in the spring and fall. The test peptide had no effect on locomotor activity of animals. The selective stimulatory effect of Selank on exploratory behavior of hibernating animals was season-dependent. The maximum effect was observed under conditions of seasonal depression-like state.
Key WordsSelank exploratory behavior stimulatory component of activity spectrum hibernating animals seasonal effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Anoshkina, T. P. Semenova, L. P. Dolgacheva, and S. G. Kolaeva, Neirokhimiya, 20, 259–264 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Anufriev and A. K. Akhrimenko, Ecological and Physiological Characteristics of Natural Hypometabolic States [in Russian], Pushchino (1992), pp. 34–38.Google Scholar
- 3.E. B. Arushanyan, Chronopharmacology [in Russian], Stavropol (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Kozlovskaya, I. I. Kozlovskii, E. A. Val’dman, and S. B. Seredenin, Fiziol. Zh., No. 4, 264–268 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.T. P. Semenova, Optimization of Learning and Memory [in Russian], Pushchino (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.T. P. Semenova, Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat., 53, No. 2, 358–361 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.S. B. Seredenin, M. M. Kozlovskaya, Yu. A. Blednov, et al., Ibid., 48, No. 1, 153–160 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.S. B. Seredenin, T. P. Semenova, M. M. Kozlovskaya, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 30, No. 5, 12–14 (1996).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Gromova, A. R. Chubakov, and T. P. Semenova, Signal Molecules and Mechanisms of Animal Behavior, Eds. W. Winlow et al., New York (1991), pp. 290–293 (1991).Google Scholar