Gen-IV Reactor Systems Criteria Implementation in BN-1200
- 12 Downloads
The design of the BN-1200 sodium-cooled fast reactor is analyzed from the standpoint of its compliance with the criteria fitting the promising Gen-IV reactor facilities. The basic technical solutions adopted in the BN-1200 design making it possible to meet the requirements of consistent development of non-proliferation and safety, cost-effectiveness, and physical protection are described. The BN-1200 concept is evaluated on the basis of 26 criteria developed as part of the Generation IV international forum for the Gen-IV sodium-cooled fast reactor. The compliance of the safety requirements used in the development of the BN-1200 design with the design criteria for the Gen-IV sodium-cooled fast reactor developed as part of the Generation IV international forum is analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Generation IV Roadmap Final System Screening Evaluation Methodology R&D Report, issued by the Nuclear Energy Research Advisory Committee and the Generation IV International Forum, GIF-012–00, Dec. 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.Safety Design Criteria for Generation IV Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactor System, issued by the Generation-IV International Forum, SDC-TF/2013/01, May 1, 2013.Google Scholar
- 3.Safety Design Criteria for Generation IV Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactor System (Rev. 1), issued by the Generation-IV International Forum, SDC-TF/2017/02, Sept. 30, 2017.Google Scholar
- 4.O. M. Saraev, N. N. Oshkanov, A. V. Zrodnikov, et al., “Experience in operating and prospects for further development of fast sodium-cooled reactors,” At. Energ., 108, No. 4, 191–196 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Oshkanov, O. M. Saraev, M. V. Bakanov, et al., “30 years of experience in operating the BN-600 fast sodium-cooled reactor,” ibid., 186–190.Google Scholar
- 6.D. L. Zverev, B. A. Vasil’ev, V. Yu. Sedakov, and N. G. Kuzavkov, “Assimilation of fast sodium-cooled reactor technology: development of the BN-800 reactor facility,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn, Zaved. Yad. Energet., No. 2, 130–142 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.NP-001–15, General Safety Regulations for Nuclear Power Plants. Federal Norms and Regulations for the Use of Atomic Energy, Moscow (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.NP-082–07, Nuclear Safety Regulations for Nuclear Power Plants, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.E. Marova, S. Shepelev, Yu. Ashurko, et al., “Evaluation results of BN-1200 compliance with the requirements of Generation IV and INPRO,” in: IAEA Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development FR17, Yekaterinburg, Russia, June 26–29, 2017, IAEA-CN-245-399, p. 325.Google Scholar
- 10.Safety of Nuclear Power Plants: Design, IAEA Safety Standards Ser. № SSR-2/1 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.Safety of Nuclear Power Plants: Design, IAEA Safety Standards Ser. № SSR-2/1 (Rev. 1) (2016).Google Scholar