Composite Binders for Solidification of Spent Ion-Exchange Resins
- 11 Downloads
New cement compositions for solidifying mixtures of spent ion-exchange resins in sodium, nitrate, and tetraboric-acid form were developed. Depending on the composition of the cement and the ionic form of the anionite, the proposed cements make it possible to incorporate into the matrix 22–83 wt.% more ionexchange resins compared with using conventional portland cement. The matrices with heightened content of ion-exchange resins meet the requirements of cemented radioactive waste in terms of strength, water resistance, and leaching of 137Cs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Handling and Processing of Radioactive Waste from Nuclear Applications, Techn. Rep. Ser. No. 402, IAEA, Vienna (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.O. A. Kononenko, A. D. Aliyev, Yu. S. Pavlov, et al., “Synthesis of portland cement matrices with heightened filling of spent ion-exchange resins,” Vopr. Rad. Bezopasn., No. 4, 51–60 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.P. V. Kozlov and O. A. Gorbunova, Cementing Low and Medium Level Waste, Ozersk–Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Junfeng and W. Jianlong, “Cementation of radioactive waste resin by calcium sulfoaluminate cement,” in: 17th Int. Conf. on Nuclear Engineering, Brussels, July 12–16, 2009, Vol. 5, pp. 47–51.Google Scholar
- 7.O. A. Kononenko, A. D. Aliyev, and Yu. S. Pavlov, et al., “Immobilization of NPP bottoms in aluminate and hypoaluminate matrices,” Vopr. Rad. Bezopasn., No. 4, 27–37 (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.O. A. Kononenko, V. M. Gelis, and V. V. Milutin, “Inclusion of NPP bottoms in matrices based on portland cement and silica additives,” At. Energ., 109, No. 4, 222–227 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.O. A. Kononenko, V. M. Gelis, V. V. Milutin, et al, “Solidifi cation of liquid radioactive waste arising in oxidative dissolution of sulfonic cation exchangers,” Vopr. Rad. Bezopasn., No. 4, 3–9 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.O. A. Kononenko, A. D. Aliyev, Yu. S. Pavlov, et al., “Study of the possibility of incorporating high-salt liquid-radioactive waste into matrices based on nanoscale silica and zeolites,” Vopr. Rad. Bezopasn., No. 4, 3–10 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.Grout Mixes for Wells with Anomalous Formation Pressures, Nedra, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar