Allowing for the Stochastic Nature of Corrosion Damage in Marine-Based Objects Including Submerged Radiation-Hazardous Objects
- 10 Downloads
A mathematical model of corrosion damage to the protective barriers of radiation hazardous marine-based objects, taking account of the stochastic nature of this process, is constructed. The rate of pitting corrosion is determined by many mutually independent factors containing random components. This makes it possible to model pitting corrosion as a random walk process in which the corrosion rate changes discreetly and remains constant for one computational time step. The Monte Carlo method is used to calculate the depressurization time of an object with one protective barrier. The obtained estimates agree with expeditionary observations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. N. Rozhnov, The Influence of Structural Factors on Stress Corrosion Cracking of Thin-Walled Pipes Made of Zirconium Alloys: Candid. Dissert. in Techn. Sci., MISiS, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Gerasimenko (ed.), Protection Against Corrosion, Aging, and Biodeterioration of Machinery, Equipment, and Structures, Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1987), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Ashcheulova, Corrosion-Electrochemical Behavior of Iron-Chromium-Silicon Stainless Ferritic Alloys: Candid. Dissert. in Techn. Sci., NIFKhI, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.O. Yu. Artamonov, Correlation of Corrosion-Electrochemical Behavior and Donor-Acceptor Surface Properties of Carbon and Low-Alloy Steels: Candid. Dissert. in Techn. Sci., MGUIE, Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.K. A. Chandler, Corrosion of Ships and Marine Structures [Russian translation], Sudostroenie, Leningrad (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.N. P. Zhuk, Course on the Theory of Corrosion and Protection of Metals, TID Alyance, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.E. S. Wentzel, Probability Theory, Nauka, Moscow (1969), 4th ed.Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Sarkisov, Yu. V. Sivintsev, V. L. Vysotskii, and V. S. Nikitin, Atomic Legacy of the Cold War at the Bottom of the Arctic: Radioecological and Technical-Economic Problems of Radiation Rehabilitation of the Seas, IBRAE RAN, Moscow (2015).Google Scholar