Decommissioning Features of BN-350, -600 Fast Reactors
- 20 Downloads
The general features and strategies of decommissioning BN-350 are presented. The features of sodium purification by 137Cs removal, coolant drainage from the reactor vessel, and transfer of sodium into a passive state are presented. The plans for decommissioning BN-350 are presented. The possibility of using the BN-350 sodium-handling technologies for BN-600 is examined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NP-012–16, Safety Regulations for Decommissioning a Power-Generating Unit of NPP, Rostekhnadzor, Moscow (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Beltyukov, A. I. Karpenko, S. Poluyaktov, et al., Nuclear Power Plants with Sodium-Cooled Fast-Neutron Reactors, S. E. Shcheklein and O. L. Tashlykov (eds.), UrFU, Ekaterinburg (2013), Pt. 1.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Tazhibaeva, S. Pustobayev, A. Rovneiko, et al., Handling of a Sodium-Cooled Fast-Neutron Reactor, NTTs BYaT, Almaty (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Financial Aspects of Decommissioning, IAEA-TECDOC-1476, IAEA, Vienna (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.Specific Technical Conditions for Decommissioning the BN-350 Reactor, KAE RK, Almaty (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.O. G. Romanenko, I. L. Tazhibaeva, A. V. Rovneyko, et al., “Immobilization of cesium traps from the BN-350 fast reactor (Aktau, Kazakhstan),” in: Сonf. WM2011, US, Feb. 27 – Mar. 3, 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.V. D. Kizin, N. V. Krasnoyartsev, V. I. Polyakov, and A. M. Sobolev, “Behavior of cesium isotopes in purifying sodium coolant by means of cold and special traps,” in: Radiation Safety and Protection of Nuclear Power Plants, Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1987), Iss. 12, pp. 35–46.Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Rovneiko, O. L. Tashlykov, and S. E. Scheklein, “Features of the decommissioning of fast-neutron reactors,” in: Promising Energy Technologies: Ecology, Economics, Safety and Training, UrFU, Ekaterinburg, (2016), pp. 61– 66.Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Nosov, O. Yu. Smyshlyaeva, O. L. Tashlykov, and S. E. Shcheklein, “Environmental safety security in the long-time operation of fast-neutron reactors for the example of Beloyarskaya NPP,” Alternat. Energ. Ekolog., No. 4, 64–68 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.O. L. Tashlykov, S. E. Shcheklein, V. I. Bulatov, and A. G. Shastin, “On the problem of reducing the dose cost of NPP personnel,” Izv. Vyssh. Ucheb. Zaved., No. 1, 55–60 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.O. L. Tashlykov, Methods Dose Load Determination and Reduction in Maintenance Work on NPP, UGTU–UPI, Ekaterinburg (2009).Google Scholar