RBMK Graphite Serviceability at the Final Stage of Operation
- 2 Downloads
A procedure for evaluating the technical conditions and residual service life of the RBMK-1000 graphite masonry and a program of research have been developed in order to evaluate the serviceability and the possibility of service life extension of the RBMK graphite stack at the final stage of operation. The serviceability criteria for the graphite stack, periodicity and methods of controlling them, which, in combination with predictive calculations have made it possible to validate the possibility of safe operation of the RBMK-1000 graphite stack above the assigned service life allowed to substantiate the possibility of safe operation of the graphite stack RBMK-1000 over a designated period of time, were determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.RD EO 0362–2005, Method of Evaluating the Residual Life of the Graphite Stack of a RBMK-1000 Reactor.Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Goncharov, N. S. Burdakov, Yu. S. Virgil’ev, et al., The Effect of Irradiation on the Graphite of Nuclear Reactors, Atomizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Platonov, Ya. I. Strombakh, V. I. Karpukhin, et al., “Effect of irradiation on the graphite of high-temperature gas-cooled reactors,” At.-Vodorod. Energet. Tekhnol., No. 6, 22–26 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.NGR-01–90, Norms for Calculating the Strength of Standard Units and Parts, Made of Graphite, of Channel-Type Uranium-Graphite Reactors.Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Platonov, et al., “Radiation damage and service life evaluation of RBMK graphite stack,” in: Specialists Meeting on Graphite Moderator Lifecycle Behaviour, Bath, United Kingdom, Sept. 24–27, 1995, IAEA-TECDOC-901, IAEA, Vienna (1996), pp. 79–90.Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. I. Shtrombakh, B. A. Gurovich, P. A. Platonov, and V. M. Alekseev, “Radiation damage of graphite and carbon-graphite materials,” J. Nucl. Mater., 225, 273–301 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.P. A. Platonov, O. K. Chugunov, I. F. Novobratskaya, et al., “Mechanism of the aging of graphite under irradiation. Critical fluence of neutron irradiation,” Prikl. Fiz. Matem., No. 3, 8–16 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.P. A. Platonov, D. A. Kuleshov, I. F. Novobratskaya, and V. F. Dudinov, “Radiation degradation of graphite in RBMK reactors,” Vopr. Atom. Nauki Tekh. Ser. Fiz. Yad. Reakt., No. 5, 105–117 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.P. A. Platonov, O. K. Chugunov, I. F. Novobratskaya, et al., “Criteria of the degradation of the graphite stack in RBMK reactors: Research history,” Istor. Nauki Tekhnol., No. 8, 94–105 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.Ya. I. Shtrombakh and O. K. Chugunov, “Investigation of the properties of graphite, evaluation of the technical state, and predicgtion of the residual life of the graphite structural elements in RBMK reactors,” in: MNTK-2012: Safety, Efficiency, and Economics of Nuclear Energy, Rosenergoatom, Moscow (2012), pp. 93–101.Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Manevskii, et al., “The calculations of the stress-strain state of graphite bricks of the uranium-graphite reactors and the prognosis of the destruction of the graphite stack RBMK-reactors,” in: Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology: Transact. 12th Int. Conf. on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, Germany, Aug. 15–20, 1993, Vol. F, Pressure Components, Design Technologies and Research for Regulatory Needs, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1993), pp. 121–127.Google Scholar
- 13.RGB.2 Software for Calculation of NDS and Determining the Time to Failure (appearance of longitudinal cracks) of the Elements of the Core of Uranium-Graphite Reactors – Graphite Blocks of the Stacks, Fabricated on the Basis of GR-280 and GR-220 Graphite, under Conditions of Heat-Radiation Loading of the Cores of Nuclear Reactors, Software Reg. Certif. No. 245, Dec. 18, 2008.Google Scholar