Solid-Phase Interaction of Uranium Tetrafluoride with Aluminum Silicates
- 40 Downloads
The influence of the phase and chemical compositions of two aluminum silicate minerals – bentonite and kaolinite – on the solid-phase conversion of depleted uranium tetrafluoride into U 3 O 8 was investigated. It is shown that after their preliminary preparation by heat treatment or mechanical activation aluminum silicates can be used as reagents alternative to silica.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Bulko and D. Schlier, “Recovery of high-value fluorine products from uranium hexafluoride conversion,” in: WM’99 Conf., Feb. 28 – March 1, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.E. P. Magomedbekov, S. V. Chizhevskaya, O. M. Klimenko, et al., “Depleted uranium hexafluoride – technogenic raw material for the production of a wide spectrum of high-purity inorganic fluorides,” At. Energ., 111, No. 4, 219–223 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.V. T. Orekkhov, A. G. Rybakov, and V. V. Shatalov, Use of Depleted Uranium Hexafluoride in Organic Synthesis, Energoatomizdat, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Shatalov, V. I. Shcherbakov M. B. Seregin, et al., Patent No. 2188795 S2 RF, “Method of uranium hexafluoride conversion into uranium tetrafluoride and water-free hydrogen fluoride and an apparatus for implementing the method,” Byull. Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 25, 10 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Brody and M. Gates, Patent No. 2184106 GB, IPC C01G43/06, B01J8/24, C01G43/06, “Conversion of uranium hexafluoride into its tetrafluoride,” publ. June 17, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Magomedbekov, S. V. Chezhevskaya, A. V. Zhukov, et al., Patent No. 2538700 S2 RF, “Method of obtaining silicon tetrafluoride and uranium dioxide from uranium tetrafluoride,” Byull. Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 1, 7 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Chizhevskaya, E. P. Magomedbekov, A. V. Zhukov, et al., Patent No. 2549415 S2 RF, “Method of obtaining silicon tetrafluoride and triuranium octaoxide from uranium tetrafluoride,” Byull. Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 12, 10 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.E. P. Magomedbekov, S. V. Chizhevskaya, O. M. Klimenko, et al., “Effect of mechanical activation on the solid-phase interaction of UF4 with quartz,” Ogneup. Tekhn. Keram., No. 11–12, 18–22 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.E. P. Magomedbekov, S. V. Chizhevskaya, A. V. Davydov, et al. “Solid-phase interaction of mechanically activated silica with uranium tetrafluoride in the absence of mixing of components,” Ogneup. Tekhn. Keram., No. 10, 3–9 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Bulko and B. Smyser, Patent No. 6153164 USA, IPC C01G, C01B 9/08, C01B 33/10, “Method for producing uranium oxide from uranium tetrafl uoride and phyllosilicate mineral,” publ. Nov. 28, 2000.Google Scholar
- 12.E. P. Magomedbekov, S. V. Zhizhevskaya, G. D. Polenov, et al., “Solid-phase conversion of depleted uranium hexafluoride into oxides with the aid of phyllosilicates,” in: Fluoride Technologies in the Atomic Industry: Gromov Lectures-2014, Izd. Tomsk. Politekhn. Univ., Tomsk (2014), p. 24.Google Scholar