Parrad System and Its Testing on Real Radioactive Emissions Into the Atmosphere
- 24 Downloads
A system for predicting accidental dissemination of radionuclides into the atmosphere at operating NPP (PARRAD) is described. The methodological and functional components of the system are presented. The results of testing the system on examples of accidental emissions at the Fukushima NPP, an incident at a heavy machine building plant in Elektrostal, and emissions in the ACURATE experiment are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Draxler, HYSPLIT-4 User’s Guide, NOAA Techn. Memo, ERL ARL-230 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Belikov, V. M. Goloviznin, Yu. V. Katyshkov, et al., “NOSTRADAMUS – computer system for predicting the radiation conditions. Verification of the model of atmospheric transport of impurities,” Trudy IBRAE. Modelir. Rasprostr. Radionukl. Okruzh. Srede, Nauka, Moscow (2008), pp. 41–103.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Belikov, O. S. Sorokovikova, and S. I. Chernov, et al., Physical Modeling of the Chernobyl Fallout, Preprint IBRAE-2002-08 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.R. V. Arutyunyan, L. A. Bol’shov, D. A. Pripachkin, et al., “Evaluation of the emission of radionuclides during the accident at the Fukushima-1 NPP (Japan),” At. Energ., 112, No. 3, 159–163 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Skamarock, J. Klemp, J. Dudhia, et al., Description of the Advanced Research WRF Version 3, NCAR Technical Note NCAR/TN-475+STR (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.K. G. Rubinstein, E. V. Nabokova, R. Yu. Ignatov, et al., “Testing of a complex dynamic model of weather forecasting and Lagrangian model of atmospheric dispersion on data from field experiments,” Meteorol. Gidrol., No. 2, 25–38 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.N. L. Byzova, V. A. Schneidman, and V. N. Bondarenko, “Calculation of the vertical wind profile in the boundary layer of the atmosphere from ground data,” Meteorol. Gidrol., No. 11, 75–83 (1987).Google Scholar
- 13.RD 2.18.717-2009, Method of Calculating the Atmospheric Dispersion of Pollutants Due to Accidental Emissions, Rosgidromet, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.N. L. Byzova, V. N. Ivanov, and E. K. Garger, Turbulence in the Atmospheric Boundary Layer, Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.M. A. Tolstykh, N. N. Bogoslovskii, A. V. Shlyaeva, and V. G. Mizyak, “Operational technology for calculation of global prediction using the PLAV semi-Lagrangian model of the atmosphere,” Trudy Gidrometeorol. Nauch.-Issl. Tsentra Ross. Feder., No. 346, 145–154 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Kanamitsu, “Recent changes implemented into the global forecast system at NMC,” Weather and Forecasting, 6, No. 3, 425–435 (1991).Google Scholar
- 17.R. Draxler, J. Heffter, and G. Rolph, DATEM: Data Archive of Tracer Experiments and Meteorology, July 23, 2002, APPENDIX B (2002), p. 18–20.Google Scholar