Possibility of Obtaining High-Activity 177Lu in the IR-8 Research Reactor
- 31 Downloads
The results of the production of the medical isotope 177Lu in the IR-8 research reactor are presented. The quantitative and qualitative characteristics of the desired radionuclide are determined. The radiochemical method of separating 177Lu from an irradiated target 176Yb by a combination of two electrochemical processes – cementation of ytterbium from acetate-chloride solution on sodium amalgam and electrolysis of an ytterbium solution in a single electrolytic cell – is proposed. The purification factor for removal of 176Yb from 177Lu was 105–106.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. E. Kodina and R. N. Krasikova, Methods for Obtaining Radiopharmaceutical Preparations and Radionuclide Generators for Nuclear Medicine, Izd. Dom MEI, Moscow (2014).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Novik, “Targeted therapy with lymphoproliferative diseases,” Prakt. Onkol., 11, No. 3, 131–142 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Mirzadeh, L. F. Mausner, and M. A. Garland, Reactor-Produced Medical Radionuclides: Handbook of Nuclear Chemistry, A. Vértes, S. Nagy, Z. Klencsár, et al. (eds.), Springer Sci.+Business Media B.V. (2011), pp. 1857–1902.Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Ryazantsev, V. A. Nasonov, P. M. Yegorenkov, et al., “The current status and prospects for IR-8 reactor at the National Research Center Kurchatov Institute,” in: Abstr. Int. Sci. Techn. Conf. on Research Reactors in the 21st Century, Moscow, June 20–23, 2006, p. 27.Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Nasonov, N. I. Alekseev, D. Y. Erak, et al., Development of Computational and Experimental Methods for Determining the Parameters of Neutron Fields in the Reactor IR-8 at the Kurchatov Institute for Fundamental and Applied Research, Preprint IAE-6579/4 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.German Standart, DIN 25 456, Determination of the Fast Neutron-Fluence with Iran Activation Detectors (1990), Pt 2.Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. F. Rodionov and Yu. A. Yashin, “Analysis of the radionuclide composition of bulk samples according to their γ-radiation spectrum,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Yad. Yad.-Fiz. Issled., 2, 50–51 (1989).Google Scholar
- 12.S. Marx, M. Harfensteller, K. Zhernosekov, and T. Nikula, Patent US2014294700A1, “Method of manufacturing no-carrier-added high-purity 177Lu compounds as well as no-carrier-added 177Lu compounds,” publ. Oct. 2, 2014.Google Scholar