Use of the CFD-Code CONV-3D in Reactor Applications
- 36 Downloads
The results of testing the CONV-3D code and methods of direct numerical modeling, using supercomputers, of turbulent flows in the elements of nuclear power plants are presented for problems as close as possible to real processes: natural and forced convection of sodium in the upper plenums of the Monju nuclear power plant in Japan and mixing of the two flows at different temperatures in the secondary loop of the Phénix reactor in France. The particularities of the method for calculating the thermo- and hydrodynamic characteristics of the equipment in nuclear power plants are listed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. L. Osipov, S. A. Rogozhkin, S. F. Shepelev, et al., “Experience in using and the problem of verification of CFDcodes in BN reactor designs” in: Abstr. Sci. Techn. Seminar on the Problems of Verification and Application of CFD Codes in Atomic Energy, N. Novgorod (2012), p. 62.Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Chudanov, A. G. Churbanov, P. N. Vabishchevich, and V. F. Strizhov, “A numerical study on natural convection of a heat-generating fluid in rectangular enclosures,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, No. 37(18), 2969–2984 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Chudanov, A. E. Aksyonova, and V. A. Pervichko, “The methods of direct numerical simulation of turbulence using DNS and LES approaches to the problems of the thermal hydraulics of fuel assemblies,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Energetika, No. 6, 47–57 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Chudanov, S. A. Goreinov, A. E. Aksenova, et al., “A new method for solving CFD-problems on clustered petaflop-speed computers,” Progr. Sist.: Teoriya i Prilozh., No. 1(19), 3–14 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Mahaffy, “Synthesis of results for the T-junction benchmark,” in: Proc. CFD4NRS-3 Conf. on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for Nuclear Reactor Safety Applications, USA, Sept., 2010, pp. 1–32.Google Scholar
- 7.B. Smith and C.-H. Song, Report of the OECD/NEA KAERI Rod Bundle CFD Benchmark Exercise No. NEA/CSNI/R(2013)5 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Bol’shov (ed.), “Methods of computational fluid dynamics for analysis of the safety of fuel-energy complex facilities,” Trudy IBRAE RAN, Nauka, Moscow (2008), Iss. 3.Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Chudanov, P. N. Vabishchevich, A. A. Samarskii, et al., “Nonlinear regularization difference schemes for multidimensional transfer equation,” Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 40, No. 6, 900–907 (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Chudanov, A. E. Aksenova, and V. A. Pervichko, and A. A. Makarevich, “Supercomputer mathematical modeling of the fluid dynamics in the elements of nuclear power facilities,” At. Energ., 117, No. 6, 307–311 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.Benchmark Analyses of Sodium Natural Convection in the Upper Plenum of the Monju Reactor Vessel, Final Report of a Coordinated Research Project 2008-20121754, IAEA-TECDOC-1754.Google Scholar