Development and Verification of a Model of RVK-500, -1000 Recombiners for Modeling the Containment Shells of NPP with VVER by Computational Hydrodynamics
- 51 Downloads
A model of a passive autocatalytic hydrogen recombiner (RVK-500, -1000) for use in hydrodynamic calculations of hydrogen transport and recombination processes in a VVER containment shell during a severe accident is described. The model includes calculation of the efficiency of the recombiner, the hydraulic resistance to gas flow through the recombiner, and heat losses owing to radiation from the casing of the recombiner. The model was parameterized and verified on experiments performed on a stand at VTI and INPK RET for hydrogen-air compositions with hydrogen volume fraction up to 10%. Good agreement was obtained between the calculations and experiments. Its simplicity and efficacy make it possible to use the model in hydrodynamic calculations of processes with recombiners in a real containment shell.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ANSYS Fluent Theory Guide, Release 14.5. ANSYS, Inc. (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.U. Lee, P. Royl, S. Sholly, et al., “Three dimensional analysis of the steam-hydrogen distribution from a hypothetical small break severe accident in a VVER-1000 type reactor containment using GASFLOW II,” in: Proc. NURETH-10 Conf., Seoul, Korea (2003), pp. 1–18.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Kim, S.-W. Hong, S.-B. Kim, and H.-D. Kim, “Three-dimensional analysis of the steam-hydrogen behaviour from a small break loss of coolant accident in the APR1400 containment,” Korean Nucl. Soc., 36, 24–35 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.Hydrogen and Fission Product Issues Relevant for Containment Safety Assessment under Severe Accident Conditions, THAI PROJECT JT03285992, Final Rep. NEA/CNSI/R (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Mimouni, N. Mechitoua, and M. Ouraoua, “CFD recombiner modeling and validation on H2-PAR and KALI-H2 experiments,” Sci. Technol. Nucl. Install., 38, 1–13 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.S. V. Anpilov, D. G. Grigoruk, P. S. Kondratenko, et al., “Mathematical modeling of heat and mass transfer in passive catalytic hydrogen recombiner,” Teploenergetika, No. 11, 48–51 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.P. L. Kirillov, Yu. S. Yur’ev, and V. P. Bobkov, Handbook of Thermohydraulic Calculations, Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.S. Kelm, W. Jahn, M. Klauck, et al., Post-Test Analysis Report, FZJ, ERCOSAM/WP2/P2.18/2014-12 (2014).Google Scholar