Monitoring the Condition of Safety Barriers in Nuclear Power Plants
- 90 Downloads
The technical requirements of a system that continually monitors the condition of the safety barriers of nuclear power plants are substantiated. It is shown for the example of the Rostov NPP that power units with VVER which are operating, under construction, or in the design stage can be equipped with a measuring system for monitoring radiation leaks from the steam generators. This improves safety (by not allowing emergency situations) and increases the installed capacity utilization factor (by eliminating unjustified shutdowns of power units) of operating power plants.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plant Power Unit Steam Generator Nuclear Plant Live Steam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GOST R 8.594–2002, State System for Ensuring the Uniformity of Measurements. Metrological Support of Radiation Monitoring. Basic Assumptions, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.MU 184.108.40.206.0008–2010, Evaluation of the Correspondence of the Measurements of Monitored Parameters Characterizing the Condition of the Radiation Environment at NPP to Normalized Values, Rosenergoatom Concern.Google Scholar
- 3.MI 2453–2000, State System for Ensuring the Uniformity of Measurements. Recommendations. Radiation Monitoring Procedures. General Requirements, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.E. A. Ivanov, I. V. Pyrkov, Yu. N. Martynyuk, et al., “Improvement of methods of diagnostics of the tightness of steam generators in nuclear plants with VVER,” ANRI, No. 1 (36), 19–23 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.E. A. Ivanov, I. V. Pyrkov, V. P. Povarov, et al., “Adoption at the Volgodonsk NPP of an automated system for monitoring the leakage from steam generators,” ANRI, No. 3(54), 22–24 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Ivanov, I. V. Pyrkov, O. V. Lebedev, et al., “Domestic automatic system for monitoring leakage from steam generators at the Rostov NPP,” At. Proekt, No. 10, 70–72 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.E. A. Ivanov, I. V. Pyrkov, Yu. M. Shestakov, et al., “Prospects for increasing the radiation safety of operating nuclear plants at Rosenergoatom Concern,” Nuclear Power Plants of Russia. 20 Years of Rosenergoatom Concern, Moscow (2012), pp. 243–266.Google Scholar
- 8.RD EO 0333–02, Method of Radiation Monitoring of Coolant Leakage from the First Loop into the Water of Steam Generators in NPP with VVER-1000 (standard MVK), Rosenergoatom Concern.Google Scholar
- 9.RD EO 0336–02, Method of Radiation Monitoring of Coolant Leakage from the First Loop into the Water of Steam Generators in NPPs with VVER-440 (standard MVK), Rosenergoatom Concern.Google Scholar