Development of Supercritical-Water Cooled Reactors in Russia and Abroad
Analysis of foreign research on SCWR attests to their systemacy and consistency and, especially, the timely training of cadres. The knowledge accumulated in our country in the last 10 years makes it possible to refine the previously developed concept of the 1700 MW(e) VVER-SKD reactor, indicate a plan for top-priority research, formulate a technical mission and proceed to the design of an experimental 30 MW reactor.
KeywordsPlutonium Fuel Element Fuel Assembly Peripheral Zone Neutron Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Oka and S. Koshizuka, “Design concept of once-through cycle supercritical-pressure light water cooled reactors,” Proc.1st Int. Symp. Supercritical Water-Cooled Reactors, Japan, Nov. 6–9, 2000, Rep. No. 101, pp. 1–22.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Wu and Y. Oka, “Core design of super LWR with double tube water rods,” ISSWCR-6, China (2013), Paper 13009.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Zang, “Preliminary core conceptual design of 1000 MWe SCWR,” ibid., Paper 13066.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Schulenberg, “Supercritical water-cooled reactor (SCWR),” Report on the Working Group IAEA on SCWR Programme, Canada, Sept. 19–23, 2011.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Yetisir. M. Gaudet, and D. Rhodes, “Development and Integration of Canadian SCWR concept with counter-flow fuel assembly,” ISSWCR-6, China (2013), Paper 13059.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Lui, L. Cao, H. Wu, and Y. Zheng, “Three-dimensional core analysis on the breeding capability of the super fast reactor,” ibid., Paper 13121.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. D. Baranaev, A. P. Glebov, A. V. Klushin, and V. F. Ukraintsev, “Use of a reactor cooled by supercritical pressure water – VVER-SKD in a closed fuel cycle,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Yad. Energet., No. 3, 18–31 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. D. Baranaev, A. P. Glebov, P. L. Kirillov, and A. V. Klushin, “Reactor cooled by supercritical pressure water VVER-SKD – the main candidate for Super-VVER,” Preprint FEI-3188 (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.Y. D. Baranaev, A. P. Glebov, P. L. Kirillov, and A. V. Klushin, “Neutronic characteristics of a 30 MWt SCW experimental reactor: from water-cooled power reactor technology to a direct cycle nuclear reactor with supercritical water parameters and fast neutron spectrum,” ISSWCR-6, China (2013), Paper 13108.Google Scholar
- 11.A. P. Glebov, A. V. Klushin, Y. D. Baranaev, and P. L. Kirillov, “Presearch of features of U–Pu–Th fuel cycle and its use for burning up of minor actinides in supercritical watercooled reactor with fast neutron spectrum,” ICONE-21, China (2013), Paper 16888.Google Scholar
- 12.V. M. Poplavskii, A. M. Tsibulya, Yu. S. Khomyakov, et al., “Core and fuel cycle for a promising sodium reactor,” At. Énerg., 108, No. 4, 206–211 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.Yu. D. Baranaev, A. P. Glebov, and A. V. Klushin, Patent 2485612 RF, “Core with fast-resonance neutron spectrum with supercritical pressure water,” March 5, 2012, Byull. Izobret. Polezn Modeli, No. 17, 45 (2013).Google Scholar