Validation of the MCNP5 computer code
- 41 Downloads
The MCNP5 computer code with the ENDF/B6 neutron data library is validated for problems which are of current importance at the Russian Federal Nuclear Center — All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics. Comparative calculations performed with the MCNP5 code and its preceding version MCNP4c are identical within the limits of computational error. This confirms that the MCNP5 code can be used instead of the previous versions.
KeywordsUranium Plutonium Fuel Element Fuel Assembly Spend Fuel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Arnautova, Ya. Z. Kandiev, B. E. Lukhminsky, and G. N. Malishkin, “Monte Carlo simmulation in nuclear geophysics. In comparison of the PRIZMA Monet Carlo program and benchmark experiments,” Nucl. Geophys., 7, No. 3, 407–418 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.Monto Carlo Neutral-Particle Transport Code System, Los Alamos, New Mexico (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, OECD/NEA, Paris, September 2003, CD-ROM NEA/NSC/ODS/(095)03.Google Scholar
- 4.B. G. Levakov, A. V. Lukin, É. P. Magda, et al., Pulsed Nuclear Reactors of the Russian Federal Nuclear Center — All-Russia Research Institute of Technical Physics, Snezhinsk (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.E. N. Avrorin, N. V. Gorin, Ya. Z. Kandiev, et al., “Expected characteristics of the MIGR reactor complex,” At. Énerg., 93, No. 5, 342–348 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.E. N. Lipilina, V. D. Lyutov, and E. Ya. Filippova, “Calculations of lead-reflected critical assemblies,” in: 12th International Conference on Emerging Nuclear Energy Systems (ICENES 2005), Brussels, Belgium, August 2005, CD-ROM ISBN 90-7697-110-2.Google Scholar