Cosmic acceleration in non-canonical scalar field model: an interacting scenario
- 111 Downloads
In this paper we have studied the dynamics of accelerating scenario within the framework of scalar field models possessing a non-canonical kinetic term. In this toy model, the scalar field is allowed to interact with the dark matter component through a source term. We have assumed a specific form for the coupling term and then have studied the dynamics of the scalar field having a constant equation of state parameter. We have also carried out the dynamical system study of such interacting non-canonical scalar field models for power law potentials for some physically relevant specific values of the model parameters. It has been found that the only for two particular stable fixed points of the system, an accelerating solution is possible and the universe will settle down to a ΛCDM universe in future and thus there is no future singularity in this model.
KeywordsDark energy Non-canonical scalar field Interaction
One of the authors (A.A.M.) acknowledges UGC, Govt. of India for financial support through Maulana Azad National Fellowship. S.D. wishes to thank IUCAA, Pune for the associateship program where part of this work has been carried out.
- Copeland, E.J., et al.: (1998). arXiv:gr-qc/9711068
- del Campo, S., Herrera, R., Pavon, D.: J. Cosmol. Astropart. Phys. 020, 0901 (2009) Google Scholar
- Ito, Y., Nojiri, S., Odintsov, S.D.: (2011). arXiv:1111.5389
- Mukherjee, A., Banerjee, N.: (2014). arXiv:1405.6788
- Sahni, V.: (2004). astro-ph/0403324
- Unnikrishnan, S. et al.: (2012). arXiv:1205.0786 [astro-ph.CO]
- Zimdahl, W.: (2012). arXiv:1204.5892
- Zimdahl, W., Pavon, D.: (2003). gr-qc/0311067
- Zimdahl, W., et al.: (2004). astro-ph/0404122