An EOQ model for decaying item with full advanced payment and conditional discount
- 464 Downloads
The classic economic order quantity model assumes that purchasing cost should be paid immediately after the delivery time. In practice, sometimes the vendors ask the buyers to prepay the entire or a percentage of the purchasing cost before delivery time. In this paper the buyer’s inventory control system for a decaying item under full prepayment scheme based on various conditions consisting of (1) no shortage, (2) full backordering shortage is allowed and (3) partial lost sale is permitted, are developed. Numerical analysis is provided to show the performance of the model and some managerial insights are presented based on the proposed solution technique and sensitivity analysis.
KeywordsInventory control Economic order quantity Decaying Shortage Full prepayment
- Covert, R. B., & Philip, G. S. (1973). An EOQ model with Weibull distribution deterioration. IIE Transactions, 5, 323–326.Google Scholar
- Ghare, P. M., & Schrader, G. E. (1963). A model for exponential decaying inventory. Journal of Industrial Engineering, 14(238), 243.Google Scholar
- Taleizadeh, A. A., Niaki, S. T., & Aryanezhad, M. B. (2009). Multi-product multi-constraint inventory control systems with stochastic replenishment and discount under fuzzy purchasing price and holding costs. American Journal of Applied Science, 8(7), 1228–1234.Google Scholar
- Taleizadeh, A. A., Niaki, S. T. A., & Aryanezhad, M. B. (2013b). Replenish-up-to multi chance-constraint inventory control system with stochastic period lengths and total discount under fuzzy purchasing price and holding costs. International Journal of System Sciences, 41(10), 1187–1200.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Taleizadeh, A. A., Niaki, S. T. A., Aryanezhad, M. B., & Fallah-Tafti, A. (2010). A genetic algorithm to optimize multi-product multi-constraint inventory control systems with stochastic replenishments and discount. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 51(1–4), 311–323.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wu, J., Al-khateeb, F. B., Teng, J. T., & Cárdenas-Barrón, L. E. (2015). Inventory models for deteriorating items with maximum lifetime under downstream partial trade credits to credit-risk customers by discounted cash-flow analysis. International Journal of Production Economics, Available online 30 October 2015, ISSN 0925-5273, doi: 10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.10.020.