A logistics deployment decision support system at Pfizer
- 491 Downloads
We constructed a decision-support-system (DSS) to help the distribution network of Pfizer plan the daily deployment of finished goods inventory across its network. Utilizing databases, programming languages, spreadsheets and data inputs from the firm’s ERP; this system guides daily shipments of critical inventory between plants, distribution centers and copackers. This DSS improved the firm’s ability to effectively utilize its storage capacity and meet customer shipping requirements across a widely dispersed network.
KeywordsLogistics Decision support systems Distribution network Inventory deployment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bowersox, D. J., & Closs, D. J. (1996). Logistical management, the integrated supply chain process. New York: McGraw-Hill. Google Scholar
- Brown, D. C. (1985). The anatomy of a decision support system: how Abbott labs puts DSS to work for 2,000 products. Business Marketing, 70(6), 80–84. Google Scholar
- Hall, M. (2000). DSS leads firm to ASP business. Comput World, 34(30), 40. Google Scholar
- Liberatore, M. L., & Nydick, R. (1998). Decision technology for business application. Villanova: McGraw-Hill, Primus Custom Publishing. Google Scholar
- Liberatore, M. L., & Nydick, R. (2000). Introduction to decision technology modeling software and applications. Villanova: LN Publishing. Google Scholar
- Ramani, K. V. (2001). DSS-enabled materials management process at MP trust hospital. Production Inventory Management, 42(1), 1–1. Google Scholar
- Wong, H. J., Legnini, M. W., Whitmore, H. H., & Taylor, R. S. (2000). The diffusion of decision support systems in healthcare: are we there yet? (Practitioner application). Journal of Healthcare Management, 45(4), 240–253. Google Scholar