A high-speed latched comparator with low offset voltage and low dissipation
- 775 Downloads
An ultra high-speed latched comparator using a controlled amount of positive feedback cell has been designed in TSMC 0.18 μm CMOS technique. Transmission gate (TG) switches are used to implement the preamplifier circuit. The use of TG switches results in a reduction in the power consumption of the high-speed comparator as well as clock feedthrough and the effect of charge injection. The simulation results demonstrate that it can work at 1.25 GHz suitable for high speed applications, and consumes 273.6 μW with a power supply of 1.8 V at 100 MHz and Monte Carlo simulation shows that the comparator has a low offset voltage approximately 0.499 mV.
KeywordsLatched comparator Positive feedback Transmission gate Monte Carlo analysis High-speed Low offset voltage Low dissipation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61234002, 61006028, 61204044) and the National High-tech Program of China (No. 2012AA012302, 2013AA011203).
- 2.Khosrov, D. -S. (2010). A new offset cancelled latch comparator for high-speed, low-power ADCs. APCCAS, IEEE Asia Pacific Conference, Dec 6–9, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.Google Scholar
- 3.Ye, X., Ytterdal, T. (2010). A low-offset dynamic comparator using bulk biasing technique in digital 65 nm CMOS technology. ICSICT, 10th IEEE International Conference, Nov 1–4, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 4.Stefanou, N., Sonkusale, S. R. (2004). An average low offset comparator for 1.25 Gsample/s ADC in 0.18 μm CMOS. ICECS, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference, Dec 13–15, Tel Aviv, Israel.Google Scholar
- 5.Guo, Y., Cai, T., Lu, T., Wang, Z. (2009). A novel 1GSPS low offset comparator for high speed ADC. INC, IMS and IDC. NCM’09 Fifth International Joint Conference, Aug 25–27, Seoul, Korea.Google Scholar
- 6.Razavi, B. (1995). Principle of data converter system design. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, X., Li, L., Zhang, Z., Chen, L. (2010). A high-speed, transmission delay stability comparator. ICSICT, 10th IEEE International Conference, Nov 1–4, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 10.Allen, P. E., & Holberg, D. R. (2002). CMOS analog circuit design (2nd ed., pp. 477–480). New York: Oxford.Google Scholar