Simulation and Experimental Study on Surface Formation Mechanism in Machining of SiCp/Al Composites
- 239 Downloads
To intuitively reveal the surface formation mechanism in machining of SiCp/Al composites, in this paper the removal mode of reinforced particle and aluminum matrix, and their influence on surface formation mechanism were analyzed by single diamond grit cutting simulation and single diamond grit scratch experiment. Simulation and experiment results show that when the depth of cut is small, the scratched surface of the workpiece is relatively smooth; however, there are also irregular pits on the machined surface. When increasing the depth of cut, there are many obvious laminar structures on the scratched surface, and the surface appearance becomes coarser. When the cutting speed is small, the squeezing action of abrasive grit on SiC particles plays a dominant role in the extrusion of SiC particles. When increasing the cutting speed, SiC particles also occur broken or fractured; but the machined surface becomes smooth. When machining SiCp/Al composites, the SiC may happen in such removal ways, such as fracture, debonding, broken, sheared, pulled into and pulled out, etc. By means of reasonably developing micro cutting finite element simulation model of SiCp/Al composites could be used to analyze the surface formation process and particle removal way in different machining conditions.
KeywordsSiCp/Al composites Surface formation Mechanism Single diamond grit Removal
The authors would be grateful to National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51505434), Scientific and Technological Project of Henan province (172102210547), Doctor Scientific Fund of Zhengzhou University of Light Industry (Grant No.2014BSJJ052), and Program for Innovative Research Team in Science and Technology in University of Henan Province (18IRTSTHN015).
- 6.Zhang, C.Y., Sun, Y., Zhao, L.G.: Simulation of single diamond abrasive particle grinding SiCp/Al composites. Tool. Engineering. 47(11), 15–19 (2013) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, K., Zhao, G.H., SUN, J., Han, T., Liu, C.G.: Simulated analysis and experimental research on grinding temperature of zirconia ceramic plane. Surface. Technology. 46(12), 251–258 (2017) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, W., Deng, C.h., Wan, L.L., Zhao, X.Y., Pi, Z.: Simulation and experiment study for silicon nitride cutting with single diamond grain. Chin. J. Mech. Eng-En. 51(21), 191–198 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.Liang, G.Q.: Process Characteristics Research on Ultrasonic Assisted Grinding of SiCp/Al Composites with High Volume Fraction. Jilin University, Changchun (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.Wang, T.: Fundamental Study on High Speed Milling of High Volume Fraction SiCp/Al Composite. Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing (2015)Google Scholar