Energy Absorption Control Characteristics of Al Thin-Walled Tubes Under Impact Load
An experimental investigation was carried out to study the energy absorption characteristics of thin-walled square tubes subjected to dynamic crushing by impact loading to develop the optimum structural members. Here, the controller is introduced to improve and control the absorbed energy of thin-walled square tubes in this paper. When the controller were used, the experimental results of crushing of square tubes controlled by the controller’s elements showed a good candidate for a controllable energy absorption capability in impact crushing.
Key Wordsimpact load Al thin-walled tubes energy absorption controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ishikawa, H., Computer simulation of automobile collision, reconstruction of accidents. SAE Paper, 1985, No. 851729.Google Scholar
- Jones, N., Structural Impact. Cambridge University Press, 1989.Google Scholar
- John, F., Handbook of Vehicle Design Analysis. Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc, 1996.Google Scholar
- Mahood, H.F. and Paluzny, A., Design of thin walled columns for crash energy management-their strength and model of collapse. Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Vehicle Structural Mechanics, 1981, Dotroit, 7–18.Google Scholar
- LS-DYNA Keyword User’s Manual, Vol.2.Google Scholar