Reliability-based design of composites under the mixed uncertainties and the optimization algorithm
- 10 Downloads
This paper proposed a reliability design model for composite materials under the mixture of random and interval variables. Together with the inverse reliability analysis technique, the sequential single-loop optimization method is applied to the reliability-based design of composites. In the sequential single-loop optimization, the optimization and the reliability analysis are decoupled to improve the computational efficiency. As shown in examples, the minimum weight problems under the constraint of structural reliability are solved for laminated composites. The Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm is utilized to search for the optimal solutions. The design results indicate that, under the mixture of random and interval variables, the method that combines the sequential single-loop optimization and the PSO algorithm can deal effectively with the reliability-based design of composites.
Key wordslaminated composites inverse reliability analysis reliability-based design sequential single-loop optimization method PSO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Guo, S.X. and Lu, Z.Z, Hybrid probabilistic and non-probabilistic model of structural reliability. Journal of Mechanical Strength, 2002, 24(4): 524–526 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kuang, Z. and Luo, Y.J., On structural optimization for non-probabilistic reliability based on convex models. Chinese Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 2006, 38(6): 807–815.(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Chen, J.J., Jiang, T., Zhang, J.G. and Hu, T.B., A semi-analytical approach for calculating Index of non-probabilistic reliability based on interval analysis. Chinese Journal of Construction Machinery, 2005, 16(21): 1894–1898.(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Haldar, A. and Mahadevan, S., Probability, Reliability and Statistical Methods in Engineering Design. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.Google Scholar
- Wu, Y.T. and Wang, W., A new method for efficient reliability-based design optimization. Probabilistic Mechanics & Structural Reliability: Proceedings of the 7th Special Conference, 1996, 274–277.Google Scholar
- Wu, Y.T. and Wang, W., Efficient probabilistic design by converting reliability constraints to approximately equivalent deterministic constraints. Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science, 1998, 2(4): 13–21.Google Scholar
- Liu, H., Chen, W., Sheng, J. and Gea, H.C., Application of the sequential optimization and reliability assessment method to structural design problems. ASME 2003 Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2003, September 2–6.Google Scholar
- Ge, R., Chen, J.Q. and Wei, J.H., Improved particle swarm optimization for structural engineering design. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2006, 36(SUPPL.1): 79–83.Google Scholar