A simplified calculating method of nonlinear frequency of cable net under mean wind load
The cable net supported glass curtain wallas the most advanced technique in dot point supported glass curtain wall, is widely used in China. Because of its large deflection and high nonlinearity under wind load, the dynamic performance of the cable net is greatly different from that of the conventional linear structures. The continuous membrane theory is used to construct the nonlinear vibration differential equation of the cable net, and the harmonic balance method is used to solve the analytic formula of the nonlinear frequency. In order to verify the accuracy of the above analytic formula, the results of the formula and the nonlinear FEM time-history method are compared and found to be in good agreement. Furthermore, the nonlinear vibration differential equation and the nonlinear frequency obtained in this paper are the basis for the wind-induced response analysis of a cable net under fluctuating wind load.
Key wordsdot point supported glass curtain wall cable structure geometrically nonlinear nonlinear vibration frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feng, R.Q., Study on Cable Structure of Point Supported Glazing and Design Software Development, Dissertation, Haerbin: Harbin Institute of Technology, 2002 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Feng, R.Q., Wu, Y. and Shen, S.Z., Static performance of single-layer plane cable net glass curtain with consideration of glass panel, Journal of Building Structure, Vol.26, No.4, 2005, 99–106 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Leung, A.Y.R., Wu, G.R. and Zhong, W.F., Nonlinear dynamic analysis of flexible multibody system, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinaca, Vol.17, No.4, 2004, 333–336.Google Scholar
- Feng, R.Q., Wu, Y. and Shen, S.Z., Wind-induced dynamic performance of single-layer plane cable net glass glazing, Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, Vol.38, No.2, 2006, 153–155 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Feng, R.Q., Wu, Y. and Shen, S.Z., Practical wind-resistant design method of single-layer cable net glazing, Symposium of the 12th national conference about wind effect on structures, Xi’an, 2005 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Prem, K., Cable-suspended Roofs, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.Google Scholar
- Shen, S.Z., Xu, C.B. and Zhao, C., Design of Cable Structures. China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, China, 1997 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wen, C.B., Li, Y.N. and Han, Q.K., Analytic Method and Engineering Application in Nonlinear Vibration Theory, North East University Press, 2001 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhu, D.C. and Xing, Y.F., Base of Engineering Vibration, Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics Press, 2004 (in Chinese).Google Scholar