Application of the digital moiré method in fracture analysis of a cracked rubber sheet
This paper deals with the mode I crack problem of a cracked rubber sheet under plane stress condition using the delicate digital moiré technique. Through the four step phase-shifting method of automated fringe analysis, the displacement fields in the Cartesian coordinate system are given. By the coordinate-transform equation, the radial and circular displacement distributions in the polar coordinate system are obtained. The displacement isoline distributions and displacement vector distributions near the crack tip are discussed. The strain isoline distributions near the crack tip are also analyzed in this paper. Finally, the distribution rules for the mechanical fields near the crack tip are discussed with the sector division method.
Key wordsdigital moiré method rubber-like material large deformation phase-shifting method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen, S.H., Zhou, Z. and Gao, Y.C., Theoretical analysis and numerical calculation of large deformation for a wedge tensioned by concentrated force, Acta Mechanica Sinica, Vol.32, No.1, 2000, 117–125 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Li, L., Analysis of an incompressible rubber edge contacting with a rigid notch, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol.17, No.3, 2004, 196–201.Google Scholar
- Kang, Y.L., Wang, S.B., Wang, Y.G. and Lu, H., Experimental analysis for singularities in crack normal to bimaterial interface, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol.11, No.2, 1998, 180–186.Google Scholar
- Qiu, W., Kang, Y.L., Sun, Q.C., and Qin, Q.H., et al., Stress analysis and geometrical configuration selection for multilayer piezoelectric displacement actuator, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol.17, No.4, 2004, 323–329.Google Scholar
- Xia, Y., Li, W. and Xia, Y.M., Test and characterization for the incompressible hyperelastic properties of conditional rubbers under moderate finite deformation, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol.17, No.4, 2004, 307–314.Google Scholar
- Zhang, H.B. and Wu, X.P., The 3-D shape measurement with phase-shift and logical moiré method, Acta Optica Sinica, Vol.14, No.4, 1994, 408–411 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang, H.B. and Wu, X.P., The displacement and strain field measurement by phase shifting and logical moiré, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol.15, No.2, 1994, 121–127 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang, H.B., Wu, X.P., and Asundi, A., Two dimensional phase shift and logical moiré—A fast and automatic method for whole field fringe pattern analysis, Journal of Experimental Mechanics, Vol.9, No.3, 1994, 181–191 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xie, H.M., Zhao, B. and Dai, F.L., et al., Experimental study on nanometer moiré method, Optical Technique, Vol.26, No.3, 2000, 193–195 (in Chinese).Google Scholar