Isolation, Identification, and Chromatographic Separation of N-Methyl Derivatives of Glycoluril
- 248 Downloads
Mono-, di-, and tetramethylglycolurils were synthesized, isolated, and purified. For the first time, the cis- and the trans-isomers of N,N-dimethylglycoluril were isolated as individual substances by semi-preparative HPLC method. The structures of the synthesized compounds were confirmed by 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and HR–HPLC–MS. The EI mass spectra of individual substances were obtained by the GC–MS. Retention and resolution of N-methyl glycolurils were investigated in the reversed-phase HPLC mode for different stationary phases: C18, SB–Aq, and Luna 5u PFP(2). The retention of N-methyl glycolurils depended on the amount of CH3 groups and distance between the CH3 groups in the structure. The stationary phases provided different selectivity for glycoluril and its N-methyl derivatives due to different shape selectivity. Complete separation of the N-methyl derivatives of glycoluril was achieved in 4.5 min on the stationary phase with pentafluorophenyl propyl ligand in a gradient mode.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Mass spectrometry Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy Methyl glycoluril Mebicar
This research was supported by “The Tomsk State University competitiveness improvement programme” under Grant No. 22.214.171.1248.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors. No compliance with ethical standards was involved.
- 1.Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2017) FS000189-280911 Tetramethyltetraazabicyclooctandione. State Register of Drugs, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 2.Novikov SS, Khmelnitsky LI, Lebedev OI (1977) 2,4,6,8-Tetra-methyl-2,4,6,8-tetraazabicyclo-[3.3.0]-octanedi-3,7-one in treating psychic disorders, Patent US 4,004,013 A, 18 Jan 1977Google Scholar
- 3.Kamburg R (2008) Method for neuroprotection with glycoluril derivatives, Patent US 0,227,838 A1, 18 Sep 2008Google Scholar
- 6.Havel V (2017) Bambusuril derivatives: synthesis and supramolecular properties. PhD Dissertation, Masaryk UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 13.Correia HD, Cicolani RS, Moral RF, Demets GJF (2017) Easy synthesis of trans-4,5-dihydroxy-2-imidazolidinone and 2,4-dimethylglycoluril. Synthesis 48:210–212Google Scholar
- 17.Lyubavskaya SS, Chernov YN, Batishcheva GA, Ushakov IB, Goncharova NY (2016) Complex therapy of chronic pancreatitis complicated by anxio-depressive disorders in railroad workers. Res Result Pharmacol Clin Pharmacol 2(4):73–86Google Scholar
- 18.Nematollahi J, Ketcham R (1963) The reaction of ureas with glyoxal. Tetrahydroimidazo[4,5-d]imidazole-2,5-diones. Imidazoimidazoles 28:2378–2380Google Scholar