2D Porous Aromatic Framework as a Novel Solid-Phase Extraction Adsorbent for the Determination of Trace BPA in Milk
- 191 Downloads
A rapid and effective solid-phase extraction high-performance liquid chromatography fluorescence detection (SPE-HPLC–FLD) method, using a novel porous aromatic framework (PAF-6) as solid-phase extraction sorbent, was established to enrich and determine bisphenol (BPA) in milk and its packing samples. Parameters influencing the extraction efficiency, such as volume of the sample solutions, pH of the sample, and the eluent volume, were examined. The limits of detection and quantitation were 0.1 and 0.33 ng mL−1, respectively. The recovery of the method was desirable at 81–91% and the relative standard deviation was less than 2.35%. Besides, the PAF-6-based cartridges exhibited superior reusability for milk sample analysis. In addition, theoretical computations were performed to further understand the molecular interaction mechanism between the PAF-6 and the BPA. The results showed that PAF-6 had an excellent adsorption capability for BPA based on hydrogen bonding and the inclusion interactions of host–guest. The proposed method is sensitive, simple, and cost-saving, and provides a detection platform for the monitoring of BPA residues in real milk samples.
KeywordsHPLC Porous aromatic framework Solid-phase extraction Milk Bisphenol A
The authors thank Dr. Bill Milne for his review on this manuscript.
This study was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 21775140 and 21705143) and Henan Province outstanding scientific and technological innovation talent (184200510019).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 11.Lv T, Zhao X, Zhu S, Qu F, Song C, You J, Suo Y (2014) Determination of bisphenol A, 4-octylphenol, and 4-nonylphenol in soft drinks and dairy products by ultrasound-assisted dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with derivatization and high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. J Sep Sci 37(19):2757–2763CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Wu J, Chen L, Mao P, Lu Y, Wang H (2012) Determination of chloramphenicol in aquatic products by grapheme-based SPE coupled with HPLC-MS/MS. J Sep Sci 35(24):586–3592Google Scholar
- 23.Li D, Ma X, Wang R, Yu Y (2017) Determination of trace bisphenol A in environmental water by high-performance liquid chromatography using magnetic reduced graphene oxide based solid-phase extraction coupled with dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction. Anal Bioanal Chem 409(5):1165–1172CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Demir S, Brune N, Van Humbeck J, Mason J, Plakhova T, Wang S, Tian G, Minasian S, Tyliszczak T, Yaita T, Kobayashi T, Kalmykov S, Shiwaku H, Shuh D, Long J (2016) Extraction of lanthanide and actinide ions from aqueous mixtures using a carboxylic acid-functionalized porous aromatic framework. ACS Cent Sci 2(4):253–265CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Frisch M, Trucks G, Schlegel H, Scuseria G, Robb M, Cheeseman J, Scalmani G, Barone V, MennucciB Petersson G, Nakatsuji H, CaricatoM Li X, Hratchian H, Izmaylov A, Bloino J, Zheng G, Sonnenberg J, Hada M, Ehara M, Toyota K, Fukuda R, Hasegawa J, Ishida M, Nakajima T, Honda Y, Kitao O, Nakai H, Vreven T, Montgomery J, Peralta J, Ogliaro F, Bearpark M, Heyd J, Brothers E, Kudin K, Staroverov V, Kobayashi R, Normand J, Raghavachari K, Rendell A, Burant J, Iyengar S, Tomasi J, Cossi M, RegaN Millam J, Klene M, Knox J, Cross J, Bakken V, Adamo C, Jaramillo J, Gomperts R, Stratmann R, Yazyev O, Austin A, Cammi R, Pomelli C, Martin J, Morokuma K, Zakrzewski V, Voth G, Salvador P, Dannenberg J, Dapprich S, Daniels A, Farkas Ö, Foresman J, Ortiz J, Cioslowski D, Fox D (2013) Gaussian 09 revision E.01. Gaussian Inc, WallingfordGoogle Scholar
- 33.Mei M, Yu J, Huang X, Li H, Lin L, Yuan D (2015) Monitoring of selected estrogen mimics in complicated samples using polymeric ionic liquid-based multiple monolithic fiber solid-phase microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A 1385:12–19CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 34.Li Y, Zhu N, Li B, Chen T, Ma Y, Li Q (2017) l-Cysteine-modified silver-functionalized silica-based material as an efficient solid-phase extraction adsorbent for the determination of bisphenol A. J Sep Sci. https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.201700817