Clinical study of docetaxel combined with concurrent radiotherapy in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma
- 34 Downloads
The aim of this study was to study the short-term curative effects and adverse reactions of docetaxel (DOC) in concurrent chemoradiotherapy compared to DDP plus 5-Fu (DF) combined with concurrent radiotherapy in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Thirty-three patients in the experimental group (DOC group) were given DOC 25 mg/m2 ivgtt, d1, 7 times, concurrent radiotherapy was performed from d1. Thirty-three patients in the control group (DF group) were given cisplatin 25 mg/m2 ivgtt d1-3 and 5-Fu 550 mg/m2 iv, d1-5, 3 weeks a cycle, 2 cycles, and concurrent radiotherapy was performed from d1. Six MV X-ray and 9 MeV electronic line for external irradiation were adopted in concurrent radiotherapy.
The response rates of DOC group and DF group were 90.9% and 93.9%, the rates of neutropenia were 45.45% and 67.74%, and the rates of oral mucositis were 60.61% and 90.32%.
The difference of short-term curative effects between DOC group and DF group was not statistically significant in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. The rates of adverse reactions were lower in DOC group. DOC combined with concurrent radiotherapy could be a new choice for patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Key wordsnasopharyngeal carcinoma docetaxel (DOC) concurrent radiotherapy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ma J. Research on treatment for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J SUN Yat-sen Univ (Med Sci) (Chinese), 2010, 13: 179–182.Google Scholar
- 2.Yin WB, Yu ZH, Xu GZ, et al. Radiation oncology. Bei Jing: Peking Union Medical College Press, 2008. 477-480.Google Scholar
- 3.Ma J, Mai HQ, Hong MH, el al. Long-term resuIts of a prospective randomized trial comparing neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus radiotherapy with radiotherapv alone for patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Chin J Cancer (Chinese), 2001, 20: 505–510.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen Y, Sun Y, Liang SB, et al. Progress report of a randomized trial comparing long-term survival and late toxicity of concurrent chemoradiotherapy with adjuvant chemotherapy versus radiotherapy alone in patients with stage III to IVB nasopharyngeal carcinoma from endemic regions of China. Cancer, 2013, 119: 2230–2238.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Li DJ, Xu XH, Xue F, et al. Clinical observation of DC combined with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in curing locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. DC Shandong Med J (Chinese), 2008, 48: 78–79.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhao YF, Zhang HY, Cheng Y, et al. Weekly dose cisplatin concurrent chemoradiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced nasopharyn-geal carcinoma. J Oncol (Chinese), 2009, 15: 127–129.Google Scholar
- 10.Hu F, Deng GZ, Wu XT, et al. PF regimen combined with concurrent radiotherapy for stage III nasopharyngeal caricinoma. J cancer contr treat (Chinese), 2010, 23: 483–485.Google Scholar
- 13.Perri F, Della Vittoria Scarpati G, Buonerba C, et al. Combined chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomas. World J Clin Oncol, 4: 47–51.Google Scholar