Treatment for triple-negative breast cancer
- 158 Downloads
Triple-negative breast cancers (TNBCs) neither express estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor nor overexpress human epidermal growth factor receptor-2. Because of the special molecular features, triple-negative breast cancer is not either sensitive to endocrine therapy or targeted therapy of trastuzumab. There has not been standard treatment regimen for triple-negative breast cancer yet and chemotherapy has still been the chief therapy currently. However, with the great progress of oncology and molecular biology, the understanding of the natural history, pathophysiology and molecular features of this disease has been greatly improved, and a growing number of novel and effective therapies and discoveries of new biological targets for this phenotype of breast cancers have been reported, which provide new insights into therapeutic strategies for the women suffering from it.
Key wordstriple-negative breast neoplasms therapy review
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bauer KR, Brown M, Cress RD, et al. Descriptive analysis of estrogen receptor (ER)-negative, progesterone receptor (PR)-negative, and HER2-negative invasive breast cancer, the so-called triple-negative phenotype: a population-based study from the California cancer Registry. Cancer, 2007, 109: 1721–1728.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Yamamoto Y, Ibusuki M, Kawasoe T, et al. Basal cell-like signature is an independent prognostic factor in triple-negative breast cancer. J Clin Oncol, 2008, 26: 22184.Google Scholar
- 5.Nunes JS, Tsunoda AT, Viana LS, et al. Analysis of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NCT) with doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel (AC-T) in triple negative locally advanced breast cancer (LABC) in Brazil. J Clin Oncol, 2008, 26: 11551.Google Scholar
- 12.Chia JW, Ang P, See H, et al. Triple-negative metastatic/recurrent breast cancer: Treatment with paclitaxel/carboplatin combination Chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol, 2007, 25: 1086.Google Scholar
- 13.Zaniboni A, Meriggi F, Rizzi A, et al. Navelbine (N), leucovorin (L), and fluorouracil (5-FU) (FLN) for triple-negative metastatic breast cancer (TNBC). J Clin Oncol 2008, 26: 1127.Google Scholar