Effect of Angelica keiskei chalcone on the expression of apoptosis-regulating proteins of mice hepatocarcinoma cells
- 46 Downloads
The aim of our study was to investigate the effect of Angelica keiskei chalcone (AC) on the expression of Caspase-3 and Bax in mice hepatocarcinoma cells.
Fifty mice inoculated hepatocarcinoma 22 cells were divided into five groups, 10 mice per group. Mice were given 5, 20, 40 mg/kg AC daily by mouth in low, middle and high dose groups respectively. Saline were given to the tumor control group by mouth. Twenty mg/kg cytoxan (CTX) by injection every other day were given to the positive control group. Ten days later, all mice were sacrificed. The levels of the Caspase-3 and Bax protein expression were measured by immunohistochemistry method and the proliferation activity of hepatocarcinoma cells was determined by MTT assay.
The expression level of Caspase-3 and Bax protein in tumor control group were 5.00% and 4.68%, respectively, and those of the high-dose group were 38.52% and 35.76%. The differences between two groups were significant (P < 0.05). The cell proliferation activity of tumor control group and high-dose group were 1.135 ± 0.032 and 0.716 ± 0.018. The difference was significant (P < 0.05).
AC can increase the expression of Caspase-3 and Bax protein, and inhibit the proliferative activity of mice hepatocarcinoma cells.
Key wordsAngelica keiskei chalcone hepatocarcinoma Caspase-3 Bax
- 1.Han S, Zhang YX, Zhang H, et al. Cherish vegetables-Angelica keiskei. J Changjiang Vegetables (Chinese), 2002, 2: 11–11.Google Scholar
- 2.Han JY. Angelica keiskei-the key to having a long and healthy life. Plants (Chinese), 2001, 4: 16–16.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang YW. The study in pharmacologicalaction and structure activity relationship of chalcone compound. Foreign Med Sci (Section of Pharmarcy) (Chinese), 1996, 23: 218–223.Google Scholar
- 4.Li J, Shan CM. Expression of apoptosis-related genes in human hepatocarcinomas. Chin J Anat (Chinese), 2002, 25: 479–480.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang L, Zhang BX, Yan L, et al. Influence of curcumin, glyinflanins and chalcone on biological actions of human MGC-803. J Baotou Med College (Chinese), 2005, 21: 4–6.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu SH, Wang DJ, Zhang LL, et al. An experimental study of licochalcone on antioxidant of lipid peroxidation and free radical. Acta Univ Med Tongji (Chinese), 1996, 25: 25–27.Google Scholar