Polyporus phyllostachydis sp. nov. with notes on other rhizophilic species of Polyporus (Basidiomycota, Polyporaceae)
- 74 Downloads
Polyporus phyllostachydis is described and illustrated as a new species. This species is characterized by its occurrence on bamboo roots, the small and centrally stipitate basidiocarps, the white pileus, usually becoming darker from the center at maturity, and the cylindrical stipe with a distinct crust. Morphological characters of the present species were compared with those of P. cryptopus and P. rhizophilus, other rhizophilic species of the genus. Polyporus cryptopus and P. rhizophilus are morphologically distinct by contextual texture, basidiospores, and hyphae, and possibly represent two distinct species.
Key wordsKey wordsI Bamboo roots Cultural characters Polyporus cryptopus Polyporus phyllostachydis Polyporus rhizophilus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bondartsev, AS 1953The Polyporaceae of the European USSR and Caucasia (translated from Russian)Israel Program for Scientific TranslationJerusalem1971Google Scholar
- Domański S, Ortas H, Skirgietto A (1967) Fungi. Polyporaceae II (pileatae) Mucronoporaceae II (pileatae) Ganodermataceae, Bondarzewiaceae, Boletopsidaceae, Fistulinaceae (Grzyby), revised edition (translated from Polish). Foreign Scientific Publications Department of the National Center for Scientific, Technical, and Economic Information, Warsaw, 1973Google Scholar
- Gilbertson, RL, Ryvarden, L 1987North American polypores, vol 2FungifloraOsloGoogle Scholar
- Holmgren, PK, Holmgren, NH, Barnett, LC 1990Index herbariorum. Part 1: the herbaria of the world8th ednNew York Botanical GardenNew YorkGoogle Scholar
- Käärik, A 1965The identification of the mycelia of wood-decay fungi by their oxidation reactions with phenolic compoundsBibl Mycol811151Google Scholar
- Lloyd, CG 1912Synopsis of the stipitate PolyporoidesMycol Writings395208Google Scholar
- Nobles, MK 1965Identification of cultures of wood-inhabiting HymenomycetesCan J Bot4310971139Google Scholar
- Núñez, M, Ryvarden, L 1995aPolyporus (Basidiomycotina) and related generaFungifloraOsloGoogle Scholar
- Overholts, LO 1953Polyporaceae of the United States, Alaska and CanadaUniversity of Michigan PressAnn ArborGoogle Scholar
- Silveira, RMB, Wright, JE 2005The taxonomy of Echinochaete and Polyporus s. str. in South AmericaMycotaxon93159Google Scholar
- Weir, JR 1917Montana forest tree fungi I. PolyporaceaeMycologia9129137Google Scholar