A Low Temperature Vulcanized Transparent Silane Modified Epoxy Resins for LED Filament Bulb Package
- 45 Downloads
In this work, low-temperature vulcanized, transparent silane modified epoxy resins for LED filament bulb package were prepared. Firstly, transparent silane modified epoxy resins were produced through a controllable sol-gel method using γ-(2,3-epoxypropoxy)propytrimethoxysilane and dimethyldiethoxylsilane. The features of the reaction were investigated and the products were characterized in detail. Subsequently, various curing agents were explored to prepare transparent silane modified epoxy resins. The silane modified epoxy resins cured by PEA-230 at a fairly low temperature (40 °C/2 h then 60 °C/1 h) exhibited excellent thermal stability with a thermal degradation temperature as high as 316.5 °C and adjustable hardness between 40−60 shore A. The application tests showed the materials obtained were good candidates for LED filament bulb package.
KeywordsSilane modified epoxy resins LED filament bulb Package materials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful for financial support from the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (No. Y14E030008), the Commonweal Technology Application Research Project of Zhejiang Province (No. 2013C31079).
- 3.Yang, X. F.; Yang, L. L.; Cao, C.; Zhu, X. B.; Hua, X. L.; Zheng, Q. L.; Song, G. X.; Wu, L. B.; Lai, G. Q. Preparation of a silicone resin-type packaging material with high refractive index for light emitting diodes. Chem. J. Chin. Univ. 2012, 33(5), 1078–1083.Google Scholar
- 8.Yang, S. C.; Kwak, S. Y.; Jin, J. H.; Kim, J. S.; Choi, Y. W.; Paik, K. W.; Bae, B. S. Thermally resistant UV-curable epoxysiloxane hybrid materials for light emitting diode (LED) encapsulation, J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22(18), 8874–8880.Google Scholar
- 11.Rath, S. K.; Chavan, J. G.; Sasane, S.; Srivastava, A.; Patri, M.; Samui, A. B.; Chakraborty, B. C.; Sawant, S. N. Coatings of PDMS-modified epoxy via urethane linkage: Segmental correlation length, phase morphology, thermomechanical and surface behavior. Prog. Org. Coat. 2009, 65(3), 366–374.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Zhang, D. H.; Liang, E. B.; Li, T. C.; Chen, S. F.; Zhang, J. H.; Cheng, X. J.; Zhou, J. L.; Zhang, A. Q.. Environment-friendly synthesis and performance of a novel hyperbranched epoxy resin with a silicone skeleton. RSC Adv. 2013, 3(9), 3095–3102.Google Scholar
- 20.ASTM E313-10: Standard practice for calculating yellowness and whiteness indices from instrumentally measured color coordinates. ASTM, Book Standards 2010, 6, pp6. DOI: 10.1520/E0313–10Google Scholar
- 23.Zhang, Y. H.; Park, S. J. In situ modification of nanodiamonds by mercapto-terminated silane agent for enhancing the mechanical interfacial properties of nitrile butadiene rubber nanocomposites. Polym. Comps. 2017, DOI: 10.1002/pc.24367Google Scholar