Synthesis, characterization and ion transport properties of hot-pressed solid polymer electrolytes (1−x) PEO:x KI
- 193 Downloads
Synthesis and ion transport properties of hot-pressed solid polymer electrolytes (SPEs), (1−x) PEO: x KI, where x is the content of KI in wt%, are reported. A hot-press technique has been used for the formation of the polymeric membranes in place of the usual solution cast method. The composition (80 PEO:20 KI) was identified as the highest conducting polymer electrolyte on the basis of compositional dependent conductivity studies of PEO:KI films. A conductivity enhancement of more than two orders of magnitude from that of the pure PEO was achieved. Materials characterization and ion transport mechanism were explained by using various experimental techniques.
KeywordsSolid polymer electrolyte Hot-press technique Ionic conductivity Ionic mobility XRD Polymeric battery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mahan, G.D. and Roth, W.L., “Superionic conductors”, Plenum Press, New York, 1976Google Scholar
- 2.Chandra, S., “Superionic solids-principal and applications”, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1981Google Scholar
- 3.Laskar, A.L. and Chandra, S., “Superionic solids and solid electrolytes-recent trends”, Academic Press, New York, 1989Google Scholar
- 4.Chowdary, B.V.R., “Solid state ionics-95”, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1995Google Scholar
- 5.Maier, J., “Solid state ionics-2000”, North Holland, Amsterdam, 2000Google Scholar
- 6.Badwal, S.P.S., “Solid State Ionics-2002”, North Holland, Amsterdam, 2002Google Scholar
- 7.Gray, F.M., “Polymer electrolytes”, Royal Society of Chemistry, Letchworth HN, 1997Google Scholar
- 18.Agrawal, R.C. and Mahipal, Y.K., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2011, 6: 867Google Scholar
- 19.Choudhary, S. and Sengwa, R.J., Indian J. Pure & Apply. Phys., 2011, 49: 204Google Scholar
- 22.Chandra, A. and Chandra, A., “Hot-pressed solid polymer electrolytes: synthesis and characterization”, Lambert Academic Pub., Germany, 2010Google Scholar
- 30.Chandra, A., Chandra, A. and Thakur, K., Int. J. Appl. Phys., 2012, 2: 69Google Scholar