Analysis of outage probability for radio over IsOWC system in the presence of pointing error
- 62 Downloads
In this paper, we analyze the outage probability of the radio over intersatellite optical wireless communication system in the presence of satellite vibration with bias error. The lower-based Mach–Zehnder modulator, optical booster amplifier and optical preamplifier are employed. First, the models of the proposed system and channel are given. Then the outage probability for a given bit error ratio (BER) of a quadrature phase shift keying signal is obtained in the presence of satellite vibration with bias error. Numerical results of outage probability with different bias error and average BER are given. Results indicate that the outage probability is obviously influenced by the pointing error and the optimum telescope diameter to minimize the outage probability exists. With the same pointing error condition, the value of the optimal telescope diameter will increase with the reduction of the given average BER.
KeywordsOutage probability Radio over IsOWC Pointing error Telescope diameter
This work was supported by Hunan Provincial Innovation Foundation for Postgraduate.
- 2.Sodnik, Z., Lutz, H., Furch, B., Meyer, R.: SPIE LASE, p. 758705. International Society for Optics and Photonics, Bellingham (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Shimayabu, K., Okamoto, A., Takayama, Y., Sato, K., Nakayama, Y.: 2008 34th European Conference on Optical Communication (2008), pp. 1–2Google Scholar
- 7.Arnon, S.: Optical Science and Technology, the SPIE 49th Annual Meeting (International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2004), pp. 320–325Google Scholar
- 17.Jeffrey, A., Zwillinger, D.: Table of Integrals, Series, and Products. Academic Press, London (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Shieh, W., Djordjevic, I.: OFDM for Optical Communications. Academic Press, London (2009)Google Scholar
- 19.John, G.P.: Digital Communications. McGraw-Hill Companies, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 22.Wittig, M.E., van Holtz, L., Tunbridge, D.E.L., Vermeulen, H.C.: In-orbit measurements of microaccelerations of esa’s communication satellite olympus (1990). doi: 10.1117/12.18234