Development of post-processor approach for an industrial robot FANUC R2000iC
- 133 Downloads
In this paper, a post-processor for the industrial robot FANUC R2000iC is introduced. Without going through the conventional teaching process, the post-processor regularly generates a rigorous robotic program from cutter location source data called CLS data. The CLS data are easily made through the main process of CAD/CAM, so that a promising data interface is realized between the industrial robot and CAD/CAM. The effectiveness is evaluated through simulations of trajectory following and also through an actual machining experiment of foamed polystyrene with a complex shape.
KeywordsIndustrial robot CLS data Post-processor LS data Machining robot
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP16K06203.
- 1.Xuejuan N, Jingtai L, Lei S, Zheng L, Xinwei C (2007) Robot 3D sculpturing based on extracted NURBS, In: Procs. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO2007), pp 1936–1941Google Scholar
- 2.Solvang B, Refsahl LK, Sziebig G (2009) STEP-NC based industrial robot CAM system, In: Procs. of the 9th International Symposium on Robot Control (SYROCO’09), pp 361–366Google Scholar
- 4.Wu H, Deng H, Yang C, Guan Y, Zhang H, Li H (2015) A robotic off-line programming system based on SolidWorks. In: Procs. of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), pp 1711–1716Google Scholar
- 6.Nagata F, Takeshita K, Watanabe K, Habib MK (2016) Generation of triangulated patches smoothed from original point cloud data with noise and its application to robotic machining. In: Procs. of The 2016 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA 2016), pp 535–540Google Scholar
- 7.(2012) ORiN2 Programming Guide, Version 126.96.36.199. DENSO WAVE Inc., Hawthorne (2012) (September 7th)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO 20242-4:2011(en) (2011) Industrial automation systems and integration—service interface for testing applications—Part 4: device capability profile templateGoogle Scholar