State Feedback Guaranteed Cost Controller for Nonlinear Time-Varying Delay Systems
- 150 Downloads
This paper considers the problem of designing state feedback guaranteed cost controllers for a class of nonlinear systems with time-varying delay. The time delay is a continuous function belonging to a given interval and not required to be differentiable. By applying Lyapunov function method and linear matrix inequality (LMI) technique, new delay-dependent sufficient conditions for designing the state feedback guaranteed cost controller are derived. The method is also extended to handle system uncertainties in a straightforward way. A numerical example is given to illustrate the design procedure.
KeywordsGuaranteed cost control Stabilization Interval time-varying delays Lyapunov function Linear matrix inequalities
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)93D20 34D20 37C75
This work is supported by the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development, Vietnam under grant 101.01.2014.35 and the Chiang Mai University, Thailand. The authors would like to thank anonymous reviewer for valuable comments, which have improved our paper.
- 3.Boyd, S., Ghaoui, L., El Feron, E., Balakrishnan, V.: Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory. Philadelphia: SIAM (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Chukwu, E.N.: Stability and Time-Optimal Control of Hereditary Systems. Academic Press, Boston (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Gahinet, P., Nemirovskii, A., Laub, A.J., Chilali, M.: LMI Control Toolbox for Use with MATLAB. The MathWorks Inc. (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Kharitonov, V.L.: Time-delay systems: Lyapunov Functionals and Matrices . Birkhauser, Dordrecht (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Lee, Y.S., Moon, Y.S., Kwon, W.H.: Delay-dependent guaranteed cost control for state delayed systems. In: Proc. Amer. Control Conf. Arlington, 3376–3381 (2011)Google Scholar