Estimation of productivity increase for timing analysis tool chains
- 158 Downloads
Within the scope of the ALL-TIMES project, not only were tool interfaces designed and implemented but also new, powerful timing analysis methodologies constructed. To gauge the effectiveness of these results we used a number of methods to assess the productivity increase that would be achieved by introducing the new techniques. We collect and report on the conclusions of these assessments.
KeywordsProductivity increase Timing analysis Timing tools Timing tool chain
We would like to thank BMW and Daimler for providing the case studies, and their technical experts for taking their time for the interviews as well as for their valuable feedback. We also want to thank the anonymous reviewers, whose comments helped us improve the paper considerably.
- 1.Barkah, D., Ermedahl, A., Gustafsson, J., Lisper, B., Sandberg, C.: Evaluation of automatic flow analysis for WCET calculation on industrial real-time system code. In: Burns, A. (eds.) Proceedings of the 20th Euromicro Conference on, Real-Time Systems, (ECRTS’08). pp. 331–340, July 2008Google Scholar
- 2.Bessey, A., Block, K., Chelf, B., Chou, A., Fulton, B., Hallem, S., Henri-Gros, C., Kamsky, A., McPeak, S., Engler D.: A few billion lines of code later: Using static analysis to find bugs in the real world. Comm. ACM 53(2), 66–75 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Ermedahl, A., Fredriksson, J., Gustafsson, J., Altenbernd, P. Deriving the worst-case execution time input values. In: Proceedings of the 21st Euromicro Conference of, Real-Time Systems, (ECRTS’09), pp. 45–54, July 2009Google Scholar
- 4.Heckmann, R., Ferdinand, C., Kästner, D., Nenova, S. Architecture exploration and timing estimation during early design phases (this volume)Google Scholar
- 5.Lisper, B.: The ALL-TIMES project: Introduction and overview (this volume)Google Scholar
- 6.Lisper, B., Ermedahl, A., Schreiner, D., Knoop, J., Gliwa P.: Practical experiences of applying source-level WCET flow analysis to industrial code (this volume)Google Scholar
- 7.Merriam, N., Gliwa, P., Broster, I.: Measurement and tracing methods for timing analysis (this volume)Google Scholar