Synthesis, resolution, and determination of absolute configuration of protected α-ethynylphenylalanine enantiomers
Racemic-protected α-ethynylphenylalanine was synthesized from dl-2-benzylserine using α-benzylserinal as key intermediate and was successfully resolved by HPLC on a chiral stationary phase at a semipreparative scale. The absolute configuration of both enantiomers was determined by vibrational circular dichroism.
Keywordsα-Ethynylphenylalanine Quaternary amino acids Unsaturated amino acid Chiral HPLC resolution Absolute configuration
We gratefully thank the French “ministère de l’éducation nationale, de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche” for its financial support. We thank graduate students for their help in the synthesis: Magali Blum, Clément Bonnel.
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Bouifraden S, Drouot C, El Hadrami M, Guenoun F, Lecouinte L, Mai N, Paris M, Pothion C, Sadoune M, Sauvagnat B, Amblard M, Aubagnac JL, Calmes M, Chevallet P, Daunis J, Enjalbal C, Fehrentz JA, Lamaty F, Lavergne JP, Lazaro R, Rolland V, Roumestand ML, Viallefont P, Vidal Y, Martinez J (1999) Some of the amino acid chemistry going on in laboratory of amino acids, peptides and proteins. Amino Acids 16:345CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Kuroda Y, Okuhara M, Goto T, Iguchi E, Kohsaka M, Aoki H, Imanaka H (1980) FR-900148, a new antibiotic. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and characterization. J Antibiot:125–131Google Scholar
- Maycock AL, Aster SD, Patchett A (1979) A Suicide inactivation of decarboxylases. Dev Biochem 6:115Google Scholar
- Patchett AA, Taub D (1980) alpha-ethynyle-alpha-amino-acides et leurs esters et compositions pharmaceutiques les contenant, EP0008658A1Google Scholar
- Sawyer K (1997) Structure-based drug design: disease, targets, techniques and development, Veerapandian P (Ed), Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. 559Google Scholar
- Walsh C (1979) Enzymatic reaction mechanisms. W. H. Freeman, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar