Partial pole assignment with time delays for asymmetric systems
- 199 Downloads
Considering both single and multiple time delays, partial pole assignment for stabilising asymmetric systems is exemplified by friction-induced vibration and aerodynamic flutter. The control strategy is a single-input state feedback including constant time delays in the feedback loop. An unobservability condition is considered to assign some poles while keeping others unchanged. The receptance method is applied to avoid modelling errors from evaluating mass, damping and stiffness matrices by the finite element method. The solution is formulated in linear equations which allow determination of control gains. The stability of the closed-loop system is analysed by evaluating the first few dominant poles and determining a critical time delay. The numerical study shows that the proposed method is capable of making partial pole assignment with time delays. Since many structures and systems with non-conservative forces can be represented by asymmetric systems, this approach is widely applicable for vibration control of engineering structures.
- 3.Breda, D., Maset, S., Vermiglio, R.: TRACE-DDE: a tool for robust analysis and characteristic equations for delay differential equations. In: Topics in Time Delay Systems, pp. 145–155. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Datta, B.N., Sarkissian, D.R.: Multi-input partial eigenvalue assignment for the symmetric quadratic pencil. In: Proceedings of American Control Conference, vol. 4, pp. 2244–2247. IEEE (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Liang, Y., Ouyang, H.J., Yamaura, H.: Active partial eigenvalue assignment for friction-induced vibration using receptance method. In: Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 744, p. 12008. IOP Publishing (2016)Google Scholar
- 22.Pratt, J.M., Singh, K.V., Datta, B.N.: Quadratic partial eigenvalue assignment problem with time delay for active vibration control. In: Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 181, p. 12092. IOP Publishing (2009)Google Scholar
- 36.Wright, J.R., Cooper, J.E.: Introduction to Aircraft Aeroelasticity and Loads, vol. 20. Wiley, New York (2008)Google Scholar
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.