Characterization of the electrical and thermal properties of a metallic thin-film line
- 64 Downloads
In this work, an evaluation method was presented to systematically characterize the electrical and thermal properties of a metallic thin-film line. A series of current-stressing experiments were carried out on the Ag thin-film lines with different geometrical properties on substrates. In combination with the corresponding electrothermal analyses, the temperature-dependent resistivity and thermal conductivity of the Ag thin-film lines, as well as interfacial thermal conductance between the lines and their substrates, were able to be characterized. These characterizations were used to predict the melting current of the Ag thin-film lines, which show good consistency with the experimental values. They therefore validate the effectiveness of the present evaluation method, which will greatly contribute to the development of next-generational electronics with ideal thermal designs.
The authors would like to thank Prof. H. Tohmyoh for his valuable discussions. This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant-in Aid for Young Scientists (B) (no. 26820001) and Scientific Research (B) (no. 26289001). Part of this work was performed at the Micro/Nano-Machining Research and Education Center of Tohoku University.
- Baker H, Benjamin D (1979) Metals handbook. American Society for Metals, OhioGoogle Scholar
- Chalmers B (1964) Principles of solidification. John Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Lyman T (1961) Metals handbook. American Society for Metals, OhioGoogle Scholar
- Nakazawa E, Hara M, Uchida H, Suganuma K (2015) Transparent conductive electrode technology of silver nanowire. In: 21st Symposium on “Microjoining and Assembly Technology in Electronics’’, pp 223–226 (in Japanese) Google Scholar
- Sasaki T, Li Y, Saka M (2015) Characterization on electrical and thermal properties of an Ag thin wire. In: 21st Symposium on “Microjoining and Assembly Technology in Electronics”, 423–424 (in Japanese) Google Scholar
- Savitskii YM (1989) Handbook of precious metals. Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Volkov YA, Palatnik LS, Pugachev AT (1976) Investigation of the thermal properties of thin aluminum films. Sov Phys JETP 43:2244–2250Google Scholar