A new modulation method to generate all-optical logic gates in an AOTF
- 220 Downloads
We propose a new method of optical modulation using a conventional acousto-optic tunable filter. In this device the all-optical logic gates, namely AND and OR, are obtained by simultaneously operation of optical double sideband (ODSB) modulation and a pulse position frequency domain modulation (PPFDM). This device shall operate with ultrashort soliton light pulses 100 ps. In this way, a pulse will carry two bits of information after been encoded by the modulation proposed here. We then analyze the modulation ODSB—PPFDM for input pulses, polarized in the two input modes, allowing a variation in the modulation parameter for each input pulse. A phase difference Δϕ = π rad was considered between both input pulses, it was obtained the occurrence of an AND (OR) logical gate at lower (upper) sideband of the TE output pulse as well as at upper (lower) sideband of the TM output pulse.
KeywordsSoliton Logical Gate Output Pulse Transverse Magnetic Input Pulse
We thank the Brazilian Agencies, CNPq (Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico), CAPES (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior), FUNCAP (Fundação Cearense de Amparo a Pesquisa), FINEP (Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos), and FAPEAL (Fundação de Apoio à Pesquisa do Estado de Alagoas) for the financial support.
- http://www.toptica.com/products/terahertz_generation. Accessed 28 Nov 2016
- Mazzali C, Fragnito HL (1998) Optical PPM generator by direct-frequency shifting, in Optical fiber communication conference and exhibit. Tech Dig WM13 36:191–192Google Scholar
- Tamai H, Sarashina M, Iwamura H, Kashima M, Gupta GC, Ushikubo T, Kamijoh T, Chanclou P, Genay N, Landousies B, Mosek A, Gredziak M (2009) First demonstration of coexistence of standard gigabit TDM-PON and code division multiplexed PON architectures toward next generation access network. J Lightwave Technol 27(3):292–298CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Xu J, Stroud R (1992) Acousto optical devices: principles, design and applications. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Yariv A, Yeh P (1984) Optical waves in crystal: propagation and control of laser radiation. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar