Two dimensional solitary waves in shear flows
- 102 Downloads
In this paper we study existence and asymptotic behavior of solitary-wave solutions for the generalized Shrira equation, a two-dimensional model appearing in shear flows. The method used to show the existence of such special solutions is based on the mountain pass theorem. One of the main difficulties consists in showing the compact embedding of the energy space in the Lebesgue spaces; this is dealt with interpolation theory. Regularity and decay properties of the solitary waves are also established.
Mathematics Subject Classification35Q35 35B65 35A15 35B40
The second author is partially supported by CNPq-Brazil and FAPESP-Brazil. The authors would like to thank F.H. Soriano for the helpful discussion concerning the construction of the extension operator and the referee for the careful reading and suggestions which improve the presentation of the paper.
- 1.Abramyan, L.A., Stepanyants, YuA, Shrira, V.I.: Multidimensional solitons in shear flows of the boundary-layer type. Sov. Phys. Dokl. 37, 575–578 (1992)Google Scholar
- 19.Hajaiej, H., Molinet, L., Ozawa, T., Wang, B.: Necessary and sufficient conditions for the fractional Gagliardo–Nirenberg inequalities and applications to Navier–Stokes and generalized boson equations. In: Harmonic Analysis and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, in: RIMS Kôkyûroku Bessatsu, vol. B26, Res. Inst. Math. Sci. (RIMS), Kyoto, 159–175 (2011)Google Scholar
- 24.López, G.P., Soriano, F.H.: On the existence and analyticity of solitary waves solutions to a two-dimensional Benjamin–Ono equation. arXiv:1503.04291
- 27.Pelinovsky, D.E., Stepanyants, YuA: Self-focusing instability of nonlinear plane waves in shear flows. Sov. Phys. JETP 78, 883–891 (1994)Google Scholar
- 30.Shrira, V.I.: On surface waves in the upper quasi-uniform ocean layer. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 308, 732–736 (1989)Google Scholar
- 31.Triebel, H.: Interpolation Theory, Function Spaces, Differential Operators, North-Holland Mathematical Library, vol. 18. North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam (1978)Google Scholar