Robust nonlinear fractional order fuzzy PD plus fuzzy I controller applied to robotic manipulator
- 48 Downloads
The aim of this article is to utilize fractional calculus for performance enhancement of nonlinear fuzzy PD + I controller. A fractional order fuzzy PD + I controller (FOFPD + I) is designed and implemented to control complex, uncertain and nonlinear robotic manipulator. FOFPD + I controller is derived from fractional order PD and fractional order I controller. The proposed control strategy has an adaptive capability due to its nonlinear gains and preserves the linear structure of fractional order PD + I controller. Further, integer-order fuzzy PD + I controller (FPD + I) and conventional PID controllers are also designed for comparative analysis. The optimum parameter values of FOFPD + I, FPD + I and PID controllers are obtained using non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm-II. The effectiveness of proposed controller is examined for reference tracking and disturbance rejection problems of robotic manipulator. The designed controllers are also validated experimentally on DC servomotor. Simulation and experimental results prove the superiority of FOFPD + I controller as compared to its integer-order equivalent and conventional PID controllers for control of robotic manipulator.
KeywordsFOFPD + I FPD + I NSGA-II Robotic manipulator
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 2.Bennett S (1993) Development of the PID controller. IEEE Control Syst 13:58–62Google Scholar
- 4.Åström KJ, Hägglund T (2006) Advanced PID control. ISA—the instrumentation, systems, and automation society research Triangle parkGoogle Scholar
- 17.Valerio D, da Costa JS (2012) An introduction to fractional control, vol 91. Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), EnglandGoogle Scholar
- 20.Chhabra H, Mohan V, Rani A, Singh V (2016) Multi Objective PSO tuned fractional order PID control of robotic manipulator. In: The international symposium on intelligent systems technologies and applications, pp 567–572Google Scholar
- 21.Bingül Z, Karahan O (2012) Fractional PID controllers tuned by evolutionary algorithms for robot trajectory control. Turk J Electr Eng Comput Sci 20:1123–1136Google Scholar
- 33.Craig JJ (2005) Introduction to robotics: mechanics and control, vol 3. Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar
- 51.Åström KJ, Hägglund T (1995) PID controllers: theory, design, and tuning, vol 2. Instrument society of America Research, Triangle ParkGoogle Scholar
- 53.Quanser Engineering Trainer for NI-ELVIS (2009) QNET Interactive learning Guide, Quanser Inc.Google Scholar