An integration of NSGA-II and DEA for economic–statistical design of T2-Hotelling control chart with double warning lines
- 68 Downloads
Control charts are the most applicable tools for monitoring the quality of processes. The day-to-day changes in industrial processes and customers’ expectations motivate the process engineers to monitor multiple correlated quality characteristics, simultaneously. Hence, in this paper, the design of a “double warning lines T2-Hotelling” control chart is studied because of the advantages of this multivariate control chart in detecting moderate and small shifts in a process. In this regard, this research aims to optimize a multi-objective economic–statistical design model that considers monitoring costs and statistical features of control chart, concurrently. The non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm II is utilized to obtain a suitable Pareto set for the model. Since it is difficult for the decision makers to select the most efficient solution among the Pareto set, three different methods of data envelopment analysis consisting of Charnes–Cooper–Rhodes model, cross-efficiency technique and aggressive formulation are used to rank the members of Pareto set and to select the most efficient one. Also, in this research the performance of these three methods in discriminating between the efficient solutions is compared to each other. Eventually, a comparative study is conducted to show the better performance of the suggested model in comparison with the corresponding economic design model.
KeywordsEconomic–statistical design Double warning lines T2-Hotelling control chart NSGA-II Data envelopment analysis
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Amiri A, Mogouie H, Doroudyan MH (2013) Multi-objective economic-statistical design of MEWMA control chart. Int J Prod Qual Manag 11(2):131–149Google Scholar
- 6.Bashiri M, Amiri A, Doroudyan MH, Asgari A (2013) Multi-objective genetic algorithm for economic statistical design of control chart. Sci Iran 20(3):909–918Google Scholar
- 10.Deb K, Agrawal S, Pratap A, Meyarivan T, (2000) A fast elitist non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm for multi-objective optimization: NSGA-II. In: International conference on parallel problem solving from nature. Springer, Berlin, pp 849–858Google Scholar
- 16.Hotelling H (1947) Multivariate quality control—illustrated by the air testing of sample bombsights. In: Eisenhart C, Hastay MW, Wallis WA (eds) Techniques of statistical analysis. McGraw Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 21.Moghaddam AS, Amiri A, Bashiri M (2014) Multi-objective economic-statistical design of cumulative count of conforming control chart. Int J Eng Trans A Basics 27(10):1591Google Scholar
- 29.Saniga EM (1989) Economic statistical control-chart designs with an application to and R charts. Technometrics 31(3):313–320Google Scholar