Design of H ∞ control of neural networks with time-varying delays
- 231 Downloads
This paper deals with the H ∞ control problem of neural networks with time-varying delays. The system under consideration is subject to time-varying delays and various activation functions. Based on constructing some suitable Lyapunov–Krasovskii functionals, we establish new sufficient conditions for H ∞ control for two cases of time-varying delays: (1) the delays are differentiable and have an upper bound of the delay-derivatives and (2) the delays are bounded but not necessary to be differentiable. The derived conditions are formulated in terms of linear matrix inequalities, which allow simultaneous computation of two bounds that characterize the exponential stability rate of the solution. Numerical examples are given to illustrate the effectiveness of our results.
Key wordsNeural networks H∞ control Stabilization Time-delay systems Lyapunov function Linear matrix inequalities
This work was supported by the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development, Vietnam and the Faculty Strategic Fund, Deakin University, Australia. The authors wish to thank anonymous reviewers for valuable comments and suggestions, which allowed us to improve the paper.
- 1.Balasubramaniam P, Vembarasan V, Rakkiyappan R (2011) Global robust asymptotic stability analysis of uncertain switched Hopfield neural networks with time delay in the leakage term. Neural Comput Appl. doi: 10.1007/s00521-011-0639-x
- 7.Francis BA (1978) A course in H ∞ control theory. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 18.Lin FJ, Lee TS, Lin CH (2001) Robust H ∞ controller design with recurrent neural network for linear synchronous motor drive. IEEE Trans Indus Electron 50:456–470Google Scholar
- 21.Boyd S, Ghaoui LE, Feron E, Balakrishnan V (1994) Linear matrix inequalities in systems and control theory. SIAM, PhiladenphiaGoogle Scholar
- 23.Gahinet P, Nemirovskii A, Laub AJ, Chilali M (1995) LMI control toolbox for use with MATLAB. The MathWorks, Inc, NatickGoogle Scholar